AlKhatem Trip report 9th of March

All reports about trips and events
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

AlKhatem Trip report 9th of March

Post by iguana »

What a busy day we had today ... In the morning, we were about 40 cars (Couldn't count) ... had a great trip all had fun and the extreme drivers made a nice show at the end of the trip.

We finished our trip at 1.00 p.m. and split into 2 groups. One went with Mansour and his group and the others went back again to pick up the newbies from the deflation point ...

We hit the sand again, enjoyed and had fun and then had our BBQ in a relaxing spot choosen by Diver ... I really loved the last part ...

I reached home at 9.00 full of sand ... :lol: :lol: waiting for my kids and wife to finish the shower to have my turn ...

Thanks to Diver for leading the 2nd part of the trip ...

Nice to meet new faces ..Alex, Jules, dijibo(I think that was the correct spelling), Halwa, the rock (Blazer), Ghassan (Tauareq), Mokhtar (Armada and he is me and Diver boss :behold: ).

Thanks to everyone who participated .. and see you in our next trip

Malpatt .. You rock
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi guys,

... while I am waiting to shower too....

Thanks for the fun. The BBQ was good but I had the feeling we had to run away rather than relax and enjoy the ending of a perfect day 8)

So who was chasing us? Do the Wrangler-boys need to go to bed at sunset (Wild boys are comming out :D )

Was nice to meet again Mansoor, Ali and the rest of the gang (Liwa is calling).

Hope all the Newbies had fun and want more. We are ready.

Jo & Lia
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Had my shower :D :D :D
It was my pleasure to meeting you all and hopping to see you soon.

Liwa for newbies is calling :reading: :reading:

Last edited by Mpenzi on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Mpenzi wrote:Had my shower :D :D :D
It was my pleasure to meeting you all and hopping to see you soon.

Liwa for newbies is calling :reading: :reading:
Liwa for Newbies ? Ok i will be there also to see where the Newbie Route is :D

Thanks to all for that great day out. Its always a pleasure to be togehter with all of you. I can not wait to see all the pictures. Btw, is there already an album for this trip ?
Image <br><br>Image<br>

jules

Newby??

Post by jules »

Hi All

Can't believe we're online already! Must be hooked. Cecil and I would like to thank you all for a great afternoon , special thanks for guidance and support from my personal guides (Mpenzi , Jo , Iguana , German in Red Truck - sorry didn't get your name).

If anyone has pics of Suzuki in action , we'd love to see them!

See you all in April , don't plan Liwa newby too soon , we don't want to miss it!

Cheers
Julia and Cecil

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Newby??

Post by Chuck »

jules wrote: special thanks for guidance and support from my personal guides German in Red Truck - sorry didn't get your name).
Its called Cherokee, not "Red Truck" :D :wink:

But anyway, you did quite well with your Suzi, even it was sometimes a little close :wink:
Image <br><br>Image<br>

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

Hi everyone,

I am so tired that one eye is opened and the other is closed. :sleepy:

I do agree that was a nice trip even though the weather in the afternoon was HOOOOT! But hey that won't hold me from being in the desert.

I just spoke with Tamer and thanks God he is feeling better and tomorrow he will go to do the X-ray.

Jo, the pleasure is mine that we met again. Hopefully we will meet again next week.

Liwa for the newbies ummm! Sounds interesting .. we should have the "advanced" trip as well in Liwa same day.

Regards,

Mansoor

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

It was a very nice trip ended with a delicious BBQ in good weather in a beautiful location sarrounded by fine people 8) 8) 8)

Thanks Iguana for giving me the chance to fully lead the second trip :P :P Thanks Bulldozer for the coffee, it kept me awake after a very long day in the desert :thankyou:

Thanks to everyone for your company, Hiso wish you completed the day with us :cry:

See you all again ISA very soon, take care :wink: :wink: :wink:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Liwa NooooooooBie

Post by Bulldozer »

Not even in the dreams (well OK they can dream about it) am just kidding they can drive all the way to Mr3b & have fun there then come back on the Tarmac of course Advance !!!!!!! Also NO Extreme++++++++ YAAAAAA in this weather Why we R talking about Liwa lets talk about 2day trip Marshal Run went easy (some complication due to unexpected visitors joining)but end up nicely, after prayer Advance trip started & ended in the play area on the BIG dune near the tour camp after that we join the BBQ at the sunset Iguana KKamro Diver waleed Jo...& the rest of the BBQ gang thanks for the hospitality
Jeep/Surfer/FearUae/Berto thanks for coming all the way from Sharjah to join us, I was very SAD to C U guys leaving early BUT family First, we will meet again ISA
Tamer is OK now after hot shower thank GOD for his safety
(Seat Belt make miracles come true), 2morrow he will chk with the Doctor

Thanx ALL :ad4x4:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Thanks Iguana, but remember you taught me!!! :kingad4x4:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Hey Chuck, or is it "Red Truck?" It's a windbreak, not a toilet, I,m still laughing at that, we should all get one made with Ad4x4 colours! Like Docs Land Rover "It's a British thing", or going to the beach in the cold winds of Northern England it is !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Hiso
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hiso »

DiVeR wrote: Thanks to everyone for your company, Hiso wish you completed the day with us :cry:
:thankyou: Thank you Karim; wish I had time to join 2nd trip too under your leadership :suicide: & enjoy the BBQ with you. It was pleasure meeting the morning group (FOOOOOORRRRRRTY cars) & sorry for not having the chance to gather with second group. Mukhtar with his Armada was super today and he did it all the way.
Grand Cherokee 96 with no modification .............. yet :twisted: :twisted:
HAISSAM 050- 611 4 223

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

Nice meeting you guys, finally we managed to put more faces to the names we know. Bulldozer, pleasure to meet you man, sorry we had to leave without having the manaqeesh and coffee, next time come to sharjah/dubai and bring the manaqeesh along :mrgreen:

It was a long and tiring trip for us, the time we spent on road was 4 times the time we spent offroad :(

I think that i need to sleep for 2 days now
The jeeper is back.

halwa

Post by halwa »

Had a lot of fun, sorry had to leave early. Looking forward to next trip.

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

:kingad4x4:

Thanks every body for the nice trip.

Red truck i have a stone load can you help :newlol:
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-