Stairways to Heavan Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Stairways to Heavan Trip Report

Post by Jo »

Thank you Mpenzi,

Another adventures weekend past and We have seen a lot of UAEs & Omans beauties (I mean the landscape, Doc 8) ). After making the watchman at the BMW showroom nervous (Kids like to play :D ), we hit the road (..Jack) at 10:30h running all the way down to the UAE/Omani boarder where we successfully hit the fence next to Hatta. Following the wannabee fence (so far only some lonely posts), Mpenzi led us through a very beautiful mountain road going to no-where-land (.. another one) and back to the main road. In the early afternoon we followed the boarder fence (does anyone know why this was built?) all the way to the Indian Ocean. At Khor Kalba we built the camp for the night and closed the day with the world best BBQ (Diver your Lamp Chops are MMMHH!!! :P ).

Here comes the sun (dididadda...) and us leaving the Camp at 09:30h direction Dibba. After a stop-over at the Wadi ??? (I cannot keep the name because of the bumpy ride) we decided to go all the way to Wadi Bih. Unfortunately Iremy left for the beach (you missed some great panorama!!).

The way back turned out to be longer than expected, but after deviding the forces (Diver & Free spirit one way and the rest of the Gang the other way) we successfully returned back to base.

Mpenzi, with you as leader of the pack (promis this is the last one 8)) we will allways be in the trips!!!

Thanks for another great outdoor weekend,

Lia & Jo

P.S.: Mpenzi, please get the next ones planned (ex.: overnight in the ruins above Wadi Bih, Khasab & Dolphin watching, Turtle beach & Wadi Shams, Jebal Akhdar & Rustaq Fort, Nizwa & Wadi Tanuf, Wahiba Sands.......)
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

seemed like a nice trip... Glad you enjoyed guys..
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Thanks for company guys and Gals.
As Jo said above,This was an exploring trip finding new Horizons.
We travelled toward Hatta in search of the new Boarder Fence but after a few Km in deep mountain we came up with a dead END
But that could not stopping us as the BEACH was calling but before we hit the beach it was agreed to collect some wood
Before the beach here are some scenary
I had to admit...All my life here in the UAE have never seen the nice place like this
WONDERFUL BEACH AND BBQ before we hit this

We covered almost 700 km round trip. WELLDONE ALL :cheers1:

I would like to thank everyone who joined this trip and FOR making it a memorable one.
Are you ready for another trip so soooooooooooon,then watch this space
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

More Pictures on the gallery...... if it opened for this trip????????????

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

It was a real nice adventure, driving around 800 kms in 1.5 days in amazing scenery and up 800 meters in the mountains, the following place is 800 meters high, can you beleive it ....

We also passed through nice ruins on our way to Kalba, here it is ..........

DOC, JO, IVAN, FREESPIRIT, MPENZI, DESERT FALCON, YEHIA, I really enjoyed your company, guys i would go anywhere with you, here is our group pic.

Jo, you're welcome man, next trip i'll have more lamb chops specially for you & Lia :wink: :wink:

Bravo :bravo: Mohamed, you are a real mountaineer 8) 8)

my pics will be uploaded tonight ISA :lol: :lol:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by desertfalc0n »

Karim you surelly cannot forget to mention Chico ;), Ivan's newly found best friend...

Guys,, thanks a million for the lovely trip.. Wanted to tell you guys to take the u turn and take the 2nd right, which would take u to the round about from where u guys could go straight.. I took the road myself for the first time, and because u all were getting late did not want you all to follow me and get stuck with a dead end... But neither the walkie talkies were up and my mobile wasnt even switching onn with no charge)

As always was a pleasure being with all of yous and inshallah inshallah another trip sooon...

Will be uploading the pictures by tomorrow.

Regards

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Likewise Here ,DiVer Any time, big time. It was pleasure travelling with you man.

FreeSpirit
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by FreeSpirit »

I had lots of fun and I'm glad I survived. Awesome mountains, excellent swimming in the sea and GREAT company. Thanks to everybody for ANOTHER wonderful trip. Can't wait for the next one.

O, and Diver thanks for driving with me. Otherwise I might still have been going in circles :roll:

Will load some photos. I'm getting good at taking pics while driving :lol:
NO LIMITS

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

Glad that you enjoyed guys , I must join u next time insha'allah :lol:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

FreeSpirit wrote: O, and Diver thanks for driving with me. Otherwise I might still have been going in circles :roll:
Don't mention it FreeSpirit, we have to make sure that everyone is back home safe & sound. And by the way, our track was faster than their track :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks to the GPS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

woOw those view look amazing ... looks you guys had a great time :D

i must join one of these trips some time inshalla ....

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

As always too busy at work to have time to reply.

A great trip, great company (Malcom not included!) long drive, 800km in 2 days but some amazing scenary, as always a Mpenzi mountain trip is full of fun and buitiful places. thanks Mpenzi for another great trip and thanks to the rest of you for putting up with Malcom! :D

Mpenzi put me down for the next one please :D :D
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

Thanks for Mpenzi for leading the trip and to all group for the nice company. Looking forward to join another nice trip.

ruspotin

Post by ruspotin »

All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where Ive been.

asimayub
Advanced
Advanced

Post by asimayub »

Nice pictures, beautiful scenery, looks you people had great time and fun.

Asim