Mountain camping trip report 9 Feb.

All reports about trips and events
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Mountain camping trip report 9 Feb.

Post by iguana »

It was a great trip, me and my family really enjoyed, specially playing in Malborough Dunes.

Weather was fantastic, the chat at night was great. Thanks Doc. for the great trip. Wish I was able to camp.

We left the camp site after Diver had two punctures tires (He used my spare and his donut spare. We drove on the Tarmac till we reached Oman Border. Lucky there was a construction over there and there was no one on the border, so we passed without any problem. We found a tire shop opened and they guy just add a tube to one of the tires, we drove all the way to Abu Dhabi (I was sleepy all the way), reached Abu Dhabi at 2.00 a.m. and straight to shower and bed.

Funny thing is that Diver tire punctured again under my home. But we were in Abu Dhabi, so he drove the car like this till he reached home.

So we reached safe and all enjoyed

Diver, pics please.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Great trip, thanks DOC for the fantastic route :bravo: Was that your first trip :?: :?: :?: :wink:

The weather was also great and the dunes were unbeleivable. thank GOD my small accident took place after the dunes' fun :behold: still i managed to go in the mountain with a donut tire, i think its the club spirit.

We were playing on the dunes and we were able to reach this high

Afterwords my left front and rear tires got destroyed at the same second, but we got to finish the route with the help of every one, thanks DOC, JO, IVAN for your assistance and thanks IGUANA for the spare :wink: :wink: :wink: I hope every one will enjoy the morning route. Here is the group PIC

diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Seing the pictures indicates that You guys had a fantastic time. The malboruogh dune is very challanging and it look like you had concour it.
WELLDONE.

Cant wait for the morning guys trip report.

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

V.nice.

Just a question.
U used to be able to head down from al Hayer , reach wadi sumaiynah , go right til the end and end up at what you guys call Marlboro Dune.
Now with the fence up , how'd u guys cross?
u came from Al Ain and came in through the mountains?
I pretty much wanna be able to go from Al Hayer , reach the wadi and head down to the end.
How'd u guys get on the other side of the dence without driving to Al Ain ? havent bothered driving along the fence to look for a border post.

Thanks.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

We enter from a gate near Al Madam petrol Station which only opens till sunset
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Thank You

Post by Doc »

I would like to thank all then went on my first trip with me as marshal, without the help and understanding of you all and especially the extra route guidance from Jo (honestly Jo I knew we were going in the wrong direction I was just exploring :D :? !) we all had a great trip with no problems (even two flat tires on Divers car wasn't a problem!) the Ford Explorer has proved it can swim and loads of fun was had in the Wadies seeing who could get the water the highest above their vehicle, the trip in general was easy going with maybe the odd slightly harder bit, Malpat found the rev limiter in his jeep and there was no stopping him from then on, the 3 landrovers as expected had an effortless trip :D ad my rear bumper survived to see another day. I trust everyone had as much fun as me and the family did and I will see your all on Monday night at 7pm at my house for the review of photos and video, for directions head for BMW Maqta Bridge and I will direct you from there, I live just the other side of the highway from BMW. My number is 050 6526707 or channel 8-0 from 6.30 on :D

Doc.

PS Diver, excelent pictures, please bring them with you on a disc Monday night,
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Thanks Mpenzi

Post by Jo »

Hi,

it was a great weekend with a lot of fun. Thanks Doc I know now where offroaders get their carwash.....

The playground was nice, the scenery fantastic and the company extraordanary... (I run out of words..)

Doc, don`t worry, after we Germans travelled a lot in the last century (with Governmental tours :wink: ), we have a "GPS"-Gene :D

The best news on Saturday evening for me was hearing that Diver & Iguana made it save home (no mobile coverage can make you nervous sometimes).

And I learned a nother lesson: No Mpenzi, no Breezer 8)

Thank you all for another great weekend and hope 4 more 2 come

Lia & Jo
Last edited by Jo on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Jo
want some more breezers ......come on join us agaain on Friday. We might be taking some other route .....he, he, he

Mpenzi

Re: Thank You

Post by Mpenzi »

Doc wrote:I would like to thank all then went on my first trip with me as marshal, without the help and understanding of you all and especially the extra route guidance from Jo (honestly Jo I knew we were going in the wrong direction I was just exploring :D :? !) we all had a great trip with no problems (even two flat tires on Divers car wasn't a problem!) the Ford Explorer has proved it can swim and loads of fun was had in the Wadies seeing who could get the water the highest above their vehicle, the trip in general was easy going with maybe the odd slightly harder bit, Malpat found the rev limiter in his jeep and there was no stopping him from then on, the 3 landrovers as expected had an effortless trip :D ad my rear bumper survived to see another day. I trust everyone had as much fun as me and the family did and I will see your all on Monday night at 7pm at my house for the review of photos and video, for directions head for BMW Maqta Bridge and I will direct you from there, I live just the other side of the highway from BMW. My number is 050 6526707 or channel 8-0 from 6.30 on :D

Doc.

PS Diver, excelent pictures, please bring them with you on a disc Monday night,
Are we all welcommed???????.What are planning man BBQ+ BREW

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Mpenzi wrote:Jo
want some more breezers ......come on join us agaain on Friday. We might be taking some other route .....he, he, he
Hey Mpenzi,

We would love to but we have to do some preps for the IDEX-Show :cry: (Brassheads are flying in, so the tension is rising :!: ).

CU

Jo
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Mpenzi for you we will make an exception as you are the one that showed us the route, come and see the pictures and video we took, give me a call when your on the way and i'll give you directions. no BBQ but there will be brezers. :D see you Monday night
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

The way that you all are talking shows that you had a lot of fun, and really enjoyed the trip. :lol: :lol: Even I didn't join but I would like to thank you Doc for this nice trip. :lol:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Thanks Mpenzi

Post by DiVeR »

Jo wrote:

The best news on Saturday evening for me was hearing that Diver & Iguana made it save home (no mobile coverage can make you nervous sometimes).

Lia & Jo
Thanks Jo, man it was a very looooooong trip home, going on 60 km/h for 80 kms until we reached a tire shop near the road heading to Dibba, we fixed one tire, moving on to Abu Dhabi at 120 km/h. Under Islam's house, the tire burst again and i had to put the donut spare again, and finally in the home at 3 AM.

5:30 hours in the way home is nothing compared to the fun i had with you guys Thanks again all for your help and thanks to Islam for having all the trouble with me, you are a good freind :wink: :wink:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Doc wrote:Mpenzi for you we will make an exception as you are the one that showed us the route, come and see the pictures and video we took, give me a call when your on the way and i'll give you directions. no BBQ but there will be brezers. :D see you Monday night
I will try to leave the work on time and Thanks Man....... Keep'em cold.

asimayub
Advanced
Advanced

Post by asimayub »

Thank you Doc and Jo for a well organized great mountain trip. I enjoyed the trip covering sand dunes and mountains. It was a pleasure to learn the off-road routes of Oman and Hatta Valleys. My warmest thanks to all the participants for their joyful company.

Looking forward to join all of you again.

Asim