LIWA Trip report....

All reports about trips and events
Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

LIWA Trip report....

Post by Mozi »

I could not wait until I post what a KICK *** day we had (excuse my french).

Here is my side of the story:

We met at 7.30 am. We ended up 4 going. Khaiwi, H3, Chico and myself. Little did we know what was coming...

We got to the deflation point and the sand was SOFT, but from what the guys said, noty the normal soft. It basically sucked you in when you stop.

Anyway, I had changed my tires adn Chief khawi told me to go lower than what I had put due to the sand.

This area is all dunes, nothing else. Being four cars, we just zoooomed and drove 80 KM in approx. I am proud to be driving with these talented drivers; we barely stopped. And it was a cluster of dunes after the other. We got to where we were supposed to camp earlier than expected due to the SPEED hehe. We saw bedouins, black camels, elephants and some dolphins ;)

The ride was fantastic; it is like we were snowboarding or something. We convened after we got past the planned camping spot and we decided that the weather was too unpredictable and since we just had such a kick *** ride (ooops did I say that again) we will head back. It was 4.30 or something. Khaiwi said we can stay or do 50 KM out in a speedy way and get to the track. We decided to do the 50K so we did a total of 130 KM approx. on the wonderful sexy LIWA sand. We got to the track before sunset...

Anyway, Khaiwi, please let us do this again soon... Thanks for the lead Khaiwi and thanks for the great company all of you on this trip.

Just wait till you see the pictures. I need to change my avtar when Khaiwi posts the pics hehehehehehehe

Mozi

chico
Advanced
Advanced

Post by chico »

hey Mozi ,, great introduction man, i think this is the fastest trip i've been in. i know its Liwa "the tuoughest sand" and it definat;y was different than all the other places, but i'm proud to say we almost didn't stop. was all dunes up down very fast .... amazing ...

thanx Khiwi, Mozi and H3 ... great driving guys ... we should do it again soon.

done total around 750 km today.
and the first track on my GPS is ...... LIWA .... YEYYYYYYY!!!!! :woo:

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

WOW, what a drive, am really speachless, real great company, am so happy and proud driving with you guys. All pics I have are posted on the gallery (Thanks Mega for the folder)

here are my fav pics.

Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Welcome back guys in one peace, it seems very intresting from the write ups waiting for the pics
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Bulldozer wrote:Welcome back guys in one peace, it seems very intresting from the write ups waiting for the pics
Chief u where faster than me by seconds,I envy u guys for this trip, if i knew u ll be back in the same day i would join any next time

Flying Mozi that was nice pic i think it should be the pic of the year

H3

Post by H3 »

Another great trip, first thanks to Khaiwi for his ability to make a route through the Liwa which catered for the "Heavies" in tow. 140km's in soft sand is no mean feat for anyone, damn shame the weather took a turn for the worse, I was looking forward to a sundowner :drink: over the dunes of the "Rub Al Khali" and a camp out. Chico & Mozi were on top performance, Mozi deserves his pilot licence for his air borne antics. Wel done to all, we finished 2 days driving in one, correct me if I am wrong Khaiwi. Awesome. :D

H3

Post by H3 »

Anyone got any offers for the fire wood by the way???? One carefull owner, never offroad (Yeah right!), free to collector and all that jazz.... Need to clear roof space urgently.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

H3 wrote:Another great trip, first thanks to Khaiwi for his ability to make a route through the Liwa which catered for the "Heavies" in tow. 140km's in soft sand is no mean feat for anyone, damn shame the weather took a turn for the worse, I was looking forward to a sundowner :drink: over the dunes of the "Rub Al Khali" and a camp out. Chico & Mozi were on top performance, Mozi deserves his pilot licence for his air borne antics. Wel done to all, we finished 2 days driving in one, correct me if I am wrong Khaiwi. Awesome. :D
Are u sure u didnt miss anything :drink: hahahahahhah

H3

Post by H3 »

Your'e absolutely right Said, could of done with one of your famous coffee's before the long ride home, wish you were there mate, it was a cracking trip!

H3

Post by H3 »

Great pictures by the way Khaiwi, the guys on the HUMMER forum think Mozi's jump is a photoshop job but I set them straight.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

H3 wrote:Great pictures by the way Khaiwi, the guys on the HUMMER forum think Mozi's jump is a photoshop job but I set them straight.
Yep Simon, Its one pic that I could get, but I surely recall three or four similar jumps that i could not capture with my camera.

And yes, I did not compromise on the route, we did the two day plan in one :twisted: :twisted: , but the only thing is that during the return route, I was trying to select the "easiest possible" and fastest way out. felt like driving in a rally against the sunset hehehehehe

All H3, Chico and Mozi have to have the credit being capable to cope with such a drive...I admit its just another Khaiwi's favorites extreme day endurance drives :roll: :roll:

I feel shame we had to head back home, but safety first and no risk to be taken against nature.

Look forward to another drive soooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

BTW Mozis jump pic is still on the camera memory, no photoshop or any touch......

Mozi send me ur email address to pass you the full resolution pics.

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

:cry: i wish i was there
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Thats just great guys, i'll join you one day inshalla :wink:

and the pics are just amazing, especially mozi's jumps lol

good work 8)

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

Simon, it seems that we were not that "heavy" 8) By the way, what is the Hummer forum webaddress?

Khaiwi, can't we make some money selling these pics to Hummer :D ? I suggest you copyright all pics on AD4x4 in all cases. My email is melariss@gmail.com

A comment on the jumping...

I always loved big air from skate boarding when I was a kid to skiing and snow boarding. Most of the jumps I do on purpose and I was actully telling Khaiwi to prepare for some of the jumping pics. I DO realize that it impacts the car in a way and that I need not be jumping on every dune. I made my research and the Hummer's suspensions do not get affected on the sand. The only thing, it might need is balancing from time to time. The wheel balancing from time to time is a price I am willing to pay for the adrenaline I get from the jumps. I admit, I do like to drive the car hard in general. Part of the pleasure.

Best,

Mozi