Sunrise in Sweihan - 1st August

All reports about trips and events
KiwaussieChick
Advanced
Advanced

Sunrise in Sweihan - 1st August

Post by KiwaussieChick »

Well, what a fabulous trip!!!

Our intrepid adventurers met at 5:30 this morning to venture to Sweihan & once dosed up with coffee headed off together straight for the dunes!

A huge thank you to Khaiwi, Jo, Avan, Yehia, 4speed, The Wynns, Kiwi, Wasabi & Origin-Unknown for a whole heap of fun... some spectacular stucks (!!) and excellent technical recovery work & learning for all.... The winches earned their keep on a few occasions!!

The sand in the early dunes was amazingly hard from yesterday's rain (thanks to the cloud seeding team!!!) - but it dried out around 9am and the temperature started to climb from the mid 30's to the mid-40's. Congratulations to all the lady drivers who tried the left-hand seat today - amazingly well-done & hope you enjoyed the variety of challenges as well as the 'surfing'!

Great wildlife today with foxes, falcons and plenty of camels... as well as loads of other animal tracks in the sand... and a nice shady break to enjoy the great company added to the fun.

Wonderful comraderie amongst everyone & a real pleasure to drive with you all!!

Hope to see you again soon,

:D

Caro

PS.... LOOOOOOAAAAADDDDSSS of pics to post soon... stay tuned! :wink:
Last edited by KiwaussieChick on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I like life "sunny side up

Which makes AD a great place to be.....!!

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

Hey Caro, only one think to say......BIG THANK for the greatest trip I ever done with AD4x4! Just put me in every time you organize a trip.

Good companies as always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this club and will miss it; it was my last one before me vacation.

Wasabi

KiwaussieChick
Advanced
Advanced

Post by KiwaussieChick »

You are most welcome Wasabi!!!

Enjoy your vacation & see you again soon! :wink:

PS. After overcoming some challenges between Vista on my new laptop & the Online Gallery - some basic web quality images of the trip are now uploaded....enjoy!! There are some nice shots in the mix & if anyone wants full-size images, simply PM me with your email address and the image numbers & I'll be happy to oblige! Cheers! :D
I like life "sunny side up

Which makes AD a great place to be.....!!

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

Thank you Caro for the nice trip, all did well although it was really very hot, many stucks , more recovery experience and all the trip was fantastic
see u all soon.
AD4X4
THE CLUB THAT CARES

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

Hey Guys,

My photos are in gallery ouf.... I can go and sleep!

Avan

Post by Avan »

Thanks for a great trip with a great bunch of people. A learning curve for winch recoveries, some spectacular stucks and a great joy to watch our new lady drivers. Just a fun filled morning
Land Rover: if you cant fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you Caro for the great trip very cool company and lovely dunes. A track that needs to be visited more often.

The Patrol got crested twice and one bad sunk hehehehe, I kept on tellin myself this is Nissan and not a Jeep hehehehehe.

Thank you all for helping me out recovering LOL.

See you all soon.

Cheers
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Bumble Bee

Post by Bumble Bee »

Thanks for a great trip thanks for choosing such an easy route for me (Julie) as it was my first time driving. The tips were great and I (Julie) look forward to doing it again. Tom even got to have a little fun towards the end and even play with his winch (Boys and their toys) See you in the sand again soon.

Team
Bumble Bee

Tom, Julie, Ryan and Kyle