Early bird Interm trip with spice by Khaiwi trip report

All reports about trips and events
Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Early bird Interm trip with spice by Khaiwi trip report

Post by Hani AMJ »

The convoy took off from the meeting point toward al Khazna at 6:10. Deflated and hit the lovely dunes of al khazna by 7:30. The track was fun and challenging. The sand was soft at places and hard at others. A lovely combination of small and medium dunes with several stucks along the way. Temperature was surprisingly lower than expected but overall it was :veryhot:

We experienced a couple of incidents during the trip that was dealt with smoothly and swiftly by the great team work of AD4x4. I would like to send out a special thanks to everyone who joined the trip and hope to see you all again soon.

kghaleb
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kghaleb »

Enjoyed the trip very much / good company and teamwork.

GOOD FUN !
:D

Avan

Post by Avan »

A trip that I will never forget. Again I had "Camelman" (Chris) as my navigator, being a qualified & certified 4x4 trainer I have really benifitted from his wisdom and in-sight.

A big thank you to Tom's "Bumble Bee" whose winch really saved the day. To the others drivers welldone and thanks for the team work. And KIWI...thanks for the coffee, as good as always
Land Rover: if you cant fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem

Bumble Bee

Post by Bumble Bee »

Hats off to all who assisted with the recoveries, A lot of lessons learned by all certainly by Julie and myself. (IT IS ALL ABOUT HOW WE RECOVER) Great job done by all guys and gals alike. This is a trip Julie and I will also remember for some time. We look forward to seeing you all in the sand again soon.

The Wynn's
alias
Bumble Bee

Bumble Bee

Post by Bumble Bee »

I forgot to say thanks to your navigator Chris for getting Julie and the bumble bee out for me CHEERS!!!! :cheers1:

HummerGirl
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by HummerGirl »

Thanks for the lead Khaiwi. It was very nice with lots of different dunes and farms along the way. There was one camel that took my breath away, did anyone else see it? The big black/brown camel after our second farm I think. I personal thanks to everyone especially with all the team work.

Hummergirl.

Tutan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tutan »

I really must look into booking my jeep into a Jeep hospital in order that i can go on trips again soon

I just wanted to post on here to say thank you to Avan for assisting me with the information i required in order to assist with the end of this trip.
Previous 4x4's
3' lifted, offset wheeled, LWB Jeep Cherokee XJ (really miss this monster)
Nissan xterra (don't miss this one)

lucknow

Post by lucknow »

A most memorable day out for me - and once again the AD4x4 spirit shone brightly.....many thanks to all for a great lesson in teamwork and commitment. See you all out on the sand soon Inshallah

cheers,

Geoff
Please remember to Tread Lightly....take only memories and leave only footprints. http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/home/Home.html

Lionbar

Post by Lionbar »

A very memorable drive, one which I truely learned a lot both about skills and teamspirit.

A special thanks to the ladies who very kindly replenished my sugar levels and provided great conversation (Oh it's hot in London at the moment........as we stand in 49c). Thanks again, possibly the most important recovery I've had yet!!!!

Looking forward to another trip with u guys

Lee

TheNig
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by TheNig »

I can only echo the sentiments stated many times above. A brilliant trip and one from which I learned more than in all previous trips put together. Thanks to all and look forward to seeing you all again on my next foray across the border.............unless anybody is thinking of heading this way??
Nissan Patrol 4.8, OME 2" Lift, Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip 33x12.5 Tyres, ARB Roof Rack, Safari Snorkel, K&N Air Filter, Garmin 276c, IPF Lights (Lots) - sometimes for me to see where I'm going, mostly to tell others I'm coming!!

ppnath
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ppnath »

Nice ride. Lovely Al Khazna dunes
Thanks for the lead Chief. It was very nice area with lots of farm between the dunes.

Good team work all you guys specially The_Wynns you great man. You and your winch got tired :)

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you all for joining my trip, a great demonstration of the ad4x4 team spirit.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

kghaleb
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kghaleb »

khaiwi wrote:Thank you all for joining my trip, a great demonstration of the ad4x4 team spirit.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers
Chief Khaiwi, thanks for the lead, one of the best tracks I've done. Challenging & Fun... it was a pleasure being on your trip.
Looking forward to driving with you again soon.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thanks kghaleb, you are welcome anytime.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....