Vikings Friday Afternoon Drive and BBQ

All reports about trips and events
jc

Vikings Friday Afternoon Drive and BBQ

Post by jc »

Should have called this trip Stuck Fest 3.

Everybody arrived ontime at airport ADNOC at 2:30 and after a short briefing we made our merry way to Abu Salaf reached the deflation point in good time had another briefing for the First timers welcome Stephane explained to all convoy driving in the sand and cresting principles when all understood it was time to get dirty.

Things started nice and easy for the first kilometer or so so the newbies could get the feel of the sand we hit the small dunes first that is when things started to get interesting Chandan sorry that today your car was just not up to it the sand in places was just too soft, so we decided to park Chandans car as I was worried that it would get damaged H3 was kind enough to take some passengers with him for the rest of the trip.

Khalid T-Mag And Sadek Magbhoul joined us and we proceeded further into Abu Salaf where all newbies aquitted themselves well

With prospect of having to return the way we had entered I decided to head back to Chandans car while we still had daylight and have a relaxing time in a chair that was not moving for a change and enjoy the company of all at BBQ

Thank you to Halwa, H3, Khalid, Taher for helping with the newbies, Paul and Eric for all recoveries another great day in the desert hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

halwa

Post by halwa »

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun with some very keen off roaders. The weather was great and the sand was soft and I will miss all this fun for the next three months until I get back fpom the USA. See you all soon :crying:

chandan

Post by chandan »

Thanks for the nice trip, even though my car struck and kept aside, we enjoyed the trip with H3 and my special thanks to H3 for making us enjoyable. My special thanks to all of our members who made yesterdays trip with fun and joy.
JC i thank you again for the newbiee trip.
Regards,
Chandan

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Thanks to all of you and especially JC who arranged this trip so my family could enjoy the desert. I also agree with JC that if Chandan had continued he would have some parts broken on his new car so I think the decision definitely was correct as the sand in some parts were quite soft.
I also learned one thing today and that is - Do not try to recover yourself with the handbreak ON!!! Even though I was using my difflock and had my new tires it didnt help :-)
C U soon in the sand
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Rune
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Rune »

Thanks JC for organizing the trip!
Another great day in the sand, nice and easy! Once again lots of stuck and fun! As always, good company and some new faces.

See you soon.

Rune
I try harder!

k_almagboul

Post by k_almagboul »

Thanks JC for organizing the trip

t_almagboul

Post by t_almagboul »

Thanks JC for organizing the trip

Triplod
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Triplod »

Thanks JC

Enjoyed the recovery practise and was pleased to see Trijunior 2 make it all the way with no stuck. You were very soft on him.

Regards Triplod

jc

Post by jc »

Triplod wrote:Thanks JC

Enjoyed the recovery practise and was pleased to see Trijunior 2 make it all the way with no stuck. You were very soft on him.

Regards Triplod
Next time Paul :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: