2-3/12/2006 - Camping trip Report

All reports about trips and events
toothfairy

Post by toothfairy »

Hi everyone,

I was busy this morning at the office and failed to read the report.

I sincerely thank each and everyone of you for helping me out in the mess i got in. I never expected such a turn of events. I guess it must have been the first one for the AD4x4 club.

We (Anit, Joey and frds) were able to get it towed only by 10pm from Sweihan due to tow-trucks (2 of them) getting stuck in the sand.

Srry for ur jeep Joey (trying to tow the recovery truck)! Hope you will get it repaired b4 Gulf New Fun Drive. Anit thanks for getting me home in one piece after all the other events that occured later that evening.

Thanks all of u i wouldnt have made it without you.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

You were staying there till 10pm 8O am so sorry for that. Anyway hope the police report was an easy part.

Good to hear that you are fine and the Pajero was pulled out for repairs.

What towing companies did you call ? Don't they have 4x4 trucks for such situations? You guys were tryin to pull the recovery truch with a Wrangler? :oops: :oops:

Hiso
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hiso »

Well organized camping
+ marvels climate (rain)
+ wonderful company
= AD4X4 1st &2nd Dec Camping Trip.
[/color]
:ad4x4:
Tanks for every one who contributed to make it a successful trip. It was pleasure to me & my family as well meeting all of you along with your families.

Special thanks to Iguana, Diver, Waleed, Ahmed & Mozi for the nice time we had together; hope to see you all shortly :together: .

One more special thanks to our new Marshal “Bahaa” for his leadership in our way back :bravo: :bravo: .

For these who couldn’t make it, I can say that you really missed one of the good trips :mesorry: , but Inshaallah we can repeat it again in soon.
Grand Cherokee 96 with no modification .............. yet :twisted: :twisted:
HAISSAM 050- 611 4 223

chico
Advanced
Advanced

Post by chico »

that was a great trip guys... toothfairy , im really sorry about your car man, but most importantly you're ok ..
abou omar ... i agree with you this crowd rocks, and u on top of the list dude, how's your car by the way? cant beleive you went on till the end...

Abu Dhabi 4X4 rules ....................... :D :ad4x4: :party:

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

U should have joined us till the end Chico.... but seems the land cruiser couldn't make it till the end :lol: :lol:
My car stincks man ..... i need to wash it but waiting for the bad weather to clear
Ah and the accelerator problem that happend that morning is fixed khalas it seems it was really some sands on the cable .... :)
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

u couldnt drive the pajero out anymore?
wat was the damage ?

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

The Pajero is Ok Kris. It was not starting as the oil was over the spark plugs. The funny thing I heard was that after getting 2 recovery cars stuck, 2 Wrangler clutch burnt because of the pulling, the guys managed to start the Pajero's engine and drove it out of the desert.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

ouch.
glad it worked out in the end though.

toothfairy

Post by toothfairy »

Hi everyone,

its okay Chico.... eventually all ended well.

We managed to pull our heavy duty bodies onto Anit's (4x4er) jeep and drove to AUH.

It was one of those days Khaiwi when bad luck shows up in all forms. I believe the first truck wasnt meant for desert. But we pulled him out of the muck with the 2 wranglers during which the tow rope snaps and hits me..... Hamdullah! i managed to get hit on the hand just missing my face.

But he wasnt an expert on off road and managed to get it stuck again in the sand (this time wet sand). After waiting for 4x4 truck (Al Dana) to arrive, we somehow managed to drive the pajero to the road from the sand.

The 4x4 truck gets stuck this time but managed to pull out the first truck. Our Wranaglers get into action once again trying to pull the big truck during which the clutch plates burn out completely for Joey. Casualality No. 2 now........ leaving us with Anit's Jeep (Saviour)!

Thanks iguana for having me play few songs, although i was get a lot of requests from little gals and boys (wish i was a pro) I enjoyed it.

desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by desertfalc0n »

Dear All,
I must say, the trip was amazing and me and my cousins had alot of fun.. Although one of my cousin just didnt want to get out of the desert, and wanted to try out all the dunes.. But as they say, all good things have to come to an end, to yet start again inshallah.
Thanks to everyone once again, and am ready to get stuck againnn ;).. but inshallah will surely try to avoid it...
Thanks
Regards

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

:bravo: Well done to all participants in the event which was realy enjoyable with nice freindly ppl , the site & weather were amazing, BBQ was good tastey alittle bit (sand) but we ate it all, it was a good opportunity to meet in person with so many ppl we chat with them through the web site :camping: , Comittee thanks for the event :ad4x4: , Iguana>MOE>Adiga>HajTaher>Batal>Tamer>Omar>Khaiwi>>>>so many names thanks guys u dida great job Pls :ann: dont stop we need one more soon.

Guys who missed it u missed alot of fun :cry: :( :( :( :crying: SO BE THERE NEXT TIME :hithit:

Batal thanks for the return track it was the right choice especially fo us newbies & beginners :okaay:
ToothFairy sorry for the car but as long nobdy gott hurt
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Post by adiga »

Sorry guys, as usual am late to write my comments. :cry:

It was our first camping trip So many members showed up which I counted more than 50 cars, 34 car ONLY were registered on the site which means 16 cars showed up I don’t know how??? which will not be accepted next time due to safety reasons. :hit:

It was nice trip lovely :heart: members everybody had good time :cheers: , Sorry I couldn’t stay cuz I had to leave at midnight.
I would like to mention some comments which can be avoidable for more comfort and safe to all ;

•Some members invited there friends without registering in the site.
•Some members showed up without basic recovery gear.
•Show off & playing around the campsite.
•Driving around the camp site without any guidance.
•During recovery, so many ppl. were interfering.
•Lettering around the campsite.
•Radio communication should be in English ONLY.
•Radios should be used for communications and emergencies ONLY.

So I wish everybody will follow the CLUB RULES to avoid rejecting some members from attending the trips.

It might be hard for somebody Pleeeeeease… try to understand !!!!
“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

Big Foot
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Big Foot »

Adiga, you might be a bit late with your comments but they are ever so wise and right.
My family really did enjoy the trip, thanks to all of you.

Mirz

Post by Mirz »

Thanks a lot for organizing such a nice trip. Everyone had a fantastic experience :yeppe: though could not camp overnight.

Special mention of and thanks to Iguana and Hisso for all the assistance and help. :cheers1: you guys are super...

Am very sorry though to hear about the Pajero and the aftermath.

t_almagboul

Post by t_almagboul »

Hi every one:
I would like to thanks every one of you that I became one of the group.
and my advise to mozi buy land crouser (VXR) :lol: