BIG DAY IN DUBAI - 9 May FOR Newbies +

All reports about trips and events
Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

BIG DAY IN DUBAI - 9 May FOR Newbies +

Post by Waleed »

Hey what a great day!

First a big thank you to all members who showed up today for making this trip happen, specially for members who came the all way from Abu Dhabi. :thankyou:

Second another big thank you for all other Marshals Jo , Urs, Halwa for helping me in this trip success :thankyou:

6 cars arrived at the meeting point in Abu Dhabi to make an on time departure heading direct to meet the other 7 cars from Dubai at the deflation point .

A short briefing is given to all drivers and for the first timers Urs helped me in giving them his nice detailed introduction to the off roading secrets and to AD4x4 (Thank you brother).

We decided to start with an easy route as announced and everybody did very well.

Some of the members started practicing stuck :cry: , and removing the plastics from their cars :evil: , you all know that this is part of the game :wink:

It was very hot :veryhot: , sand was very soft and dunes was very sharp so it was difficult to take the beginners gang to a playing area were experienced members can play and have fun, but we tried to make the route little challenging from time to time :hit: .

Around 35 KM off road with continuous :driving: driving /stucking/laughing/chatting … until we ended the trip by reaching the Fossil Rock having a :drink: break , moving to the petrol station to fill our tires with air using our compressors because the petrol station air pomp was not working :evil: :evil: .

Some had to head back to Abu Dhabi, some had to head back to Dubai , remaining 6 cars Jo, Tweety, Ultramind, Toufiq, The_wynns and myself decided to continue the second part of the trip, moving directly to the Jumeirah beach. Jo and Tweety had to leave so early and the rest enjoyed the weather and the warm water , kids were spending a fantastic time playing with sand, swimming :swimshark: .

Then all started his BBQ and enjoyed having food, chatting

:BBQ: .

Guys and gals, thank you for the nice day. I enjoyed a great company with new and “old” faces.

Hope to see you soon again

Waleed
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

jc

Post by jc »

Thank you to the Dubai Gangsters for a great day I did enjoy myself, it made a change to drive the prado instead of the jeep.

although at times I wish I had it you have a really nice playground up there :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks again :D :D :D

Karkar
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Karkar »

Great Day , Great Track walid , hope we can make it again sometime Earlier :D , really I had fun .
till next time

Ahmed Karkar
Hated by many , Loved by few , Respected by all
Salute & Hats off for the ruff off-roaders

TJ 2002 Lightly Modified :mrgreen:
JK 2014 that wanna be a 10th anniversary rubicon :twisted:
No More Cats , Dogs or Birds ....... I have a wife and a kid now :roll:

divewithyou
Advanced
Advanced

Post by divewithyou »

Thank you waleed for nice rout, and all for fun and nice company.

kaladare

Post by kaladare »

thanks for the nice Day Waleed / Diver& UlrtaMind thanks you guys for the nice day i really had a Good Time Especially Mr Stuck ..lol

halwa

Post by halwa »

Very early start, very hot and a long day - thanks Waleed it was a great trip! It sure is a nice area and my first time to Fossil rock. It was good to meet all the new mambers and hope to see you all on future trips. :D

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hot in the city.... :veryhot: ....

... and therefore out to the sand :itscold: ....

No way, 44C was marked on the thermometer and the best four-wheel-club ever was rolling :ad4x4:

Amazingly early the deflation point at Al Badayer was visited by the Abu Dhabi Gang (tks Uristier :behold1: ) and we Dubains rolled off bed and into the sand :mrgreen:

At 09:00h we started to get the wheels digging and got back on tarmac around 13:30h. What happenes in the desert, stays in the desert (except the bits and pieces removed while modifying our vehicles on the march 8) )

I feel great meeting each time out new enthusiastic members and sand adicted people.

Thanks Guys and Gals and a BIIIIIIG salute to all:
AD4x4 rocks!

See you all on the anniversary party next week,

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Raf

Post by Raf »

Firstly Thank you to Walid for organizing such wonderful trip. Had fun & enjoyed the trip.

Also big thank you to Jo & Urs for being life saver & pulling me out every time i got struck :D

It was fun, good experience & lot of learning from the fellow members!!

Hope to learn lot in future trips !!!

Finally thank you very much to all the members for warm welcome and being patient & helping me out everytime I got struck :D

Thanks A lot

See You

Raf :lol:

Nessie
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nessie »

Waleed

Thank you for great day out in the dunes…new area, new people and lots and lots of fun!!!!

Look forward to seeing you all again in the beautiful dunes of UAE…

Nessie :D :D :D

Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

It was worthwhile rolling off the bed this morning. :verysleepy:

6 cars showed up at the meeting point for making a 6 o’clock on time departure. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Jax, Wuestenfuchs and Camertrax missed a great day in Dubai and following the unwritten law, the AD gang arrived first @ Al Badayer. :makingfun:

Thank you Waleed for organising this trip with a superb lead. It was nice to see “old faces” and Absolute Newbies. Welcome to the club and…. don’t worry about the plastic parts on your car as long as the trunk is big enough. Missed the top of Fossil Rock but kissed a tree on the (reverse) way down. :twisted:

Hope to see you all next week at the party

Tweety
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tweety »

Thank you Waleed for the great day out, very nice route and not always soooooooo easy :wink:
be wise.... buy a Jeep

Toufiq
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello

Post by Toufiq »

Thanks Waleed for a fun packed hot desert experience. Big red was my first experience and must say, the track at times got tricky but well adjusted to the beginers. It was a good thought to have made the track even more easier cz it would then scare away the real beginers. The tracks were well chosen and decided to suit everyone in the convoy.
The beach part was so relaxing, nothing like lying on beach sand and a short swim. Sure does cool off.
Ahmed thanks for the BBQ, you are too good bro.
Waleed thanks again for a wonderful day out bro.
:D
"Float on Sand"