26 Apr Bu Tais (convoy no 2)

All reports about trips and events
Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

26 Apr Bu Tais (convoy no 2)

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Tim for organizing the drive. I came back to bu tais bowls After a long gap, which was very good to be back in the Mighty bowls.

After initial briefing we set the convoy order as under:

Myself as lead
Shoni as second lead
John
Sameer
Faris
Andrei as sweeper

All were advance drivers except Faris intermediate, who Is due for an upgrade soon. We drove on the gatch and after a while entered the east side dunes to practice and warm up for few mins. Later we continued to the tree dunes and on the way practiced many side slopes and side crests and had he chance to go into some mighty bowls of bu tais. Finally we reached tree dunes where we had a bit longer break and advance drivers played around.

Later while practicing in the same area we also met convoy 3 lead by Smiley.

Everyone drove well, there were a few second tries but no stucks. On the way back John’s jeep didn’t want to leave but tais after Sabkha, due to some technical issue, so we had to pull the car safely to deflation point for recovery to come and take it to the Wshop.

All in all it was a fantastic trip with great company. Shoni thanks for being solid second lead and Andrie for watching our back. Thanks Faris for pulling the jeep with your mighty V8 :D

Hope to see you all again soon on sand.

UMAR

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Re: 26 Apr Bu Tais (convoy no 2)

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks Umar for coming out and leading a convoy. Hope to see you in the sand soon.

Tim

Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

Re: 26 Apr Bu Tais (convoy no 2)

Post by Eagle »

Anytime! My pleasure Tim!