26 Apr Bu Tais (convoy 3)

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

26 Apr Bu Tais (convoy 3)

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks everyone for coming out and enjoying the beautiful dunes of Bu Tais. we ended up with three convoys and 15 vehicles in the desert after several cancelations. I divided the group into three convoys. Smiley took convoy one with the most experienced intermediate drivers and one advanced driver for support, Eagle took the advanced drivers with one intermediate driver that should be advanced, and I took the least experienced convoy.
Convoy 3:
Dirtdiver **** 4Runner Lead
Noob *** LC200 2nd lead
Motasem ** Tacoma sweeper

While waiting on three more drivers to join our convoy we decided to warm up on the west side of the gatch and south of E40. We ended up all the way to the UAO gatch and hadn't been contacted from any of our missing drivers. We did a U-turn and started working our way back towards bu Tais gate. Artur got the opportunity to really try out his new manual gear land cruiser. We climbed high dunes, Straight crest, several side slopes, and lots of technical driving. We didn't have any stuck vehicles, but we had several second tries. Halfway back we had one passenger not feeling well due to motion sickness. I dropped the level all the way down and se made our way back to Bu Tais gate. Where we were met by Marshals EmDoc and Octopus. We said goodbye to the vehicle with the sick passenger then set off in search of a camp spot. As we were leaving Convoy one showed up. We exchanged greetings then off to find camp.

I want to give a big Thanks to Marshal Smiley and Explorer Eagle for leading convoys. Thanks everyone for coming out and enjoying the afternoon. Hope to see all back in the sand soon.

Tim