Short Notice Easy Advance in Al Faya

All reports about trips and events
Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

Short Notice Easy Advance in Al Faya

Post by Eagle »

Some of us met at the ADNOC meeting point, while three drivers reached directly at the deflation point. After our briefing the convoy order was set as under:

Myself (Lead)
Nandakumar (2nd Lead)
Vpin
Edu
Travis
Volodymr
Tareq (Sweeper)

The weather was amazing and we could not have asked more than that. We started our track east wards hitting some small dunes to warm up. As we progressed further, a lot technical area was encountered, where we had some cresting practice, but mostly it remained a very technical zig zag drive for the first hour. In the first 30 mins or so, convoy had the fist stuck on the top of the dune :lol: and it was none other than myself. It was professionally handled by Nanda and I was safely recovered from the top. We continued on our track for a bit more, until I had a pop out due to a small ditch. All the team helped me fixing the popout very efficiently and special thanks to everyone who took part in fixing it.

after the pop out was fixed we tried moving to the North Eastern side of the dunes, where could find some long crests at medium size dunes. the last one hour of the drive was very interesting and all drivers enjoyed doing some practice by shaving the dunes. There were few second tries and some sticks, which the support team recovered very professionally.

Overall all drivers performed well and it was a good opportunity for everyone to find large no of crests for shaving as well as to learn more about their cars in a relatively relaxed advanced drive. Thank you Nanda for being solid second lead and Tareq for sweeping the convoy and watching our back.

We also had the pleasure of two fellow intermediate drivers from AD 4x4 Ghayas ur Rehman and Adil Abid who joined us a passengers to get the feel of an advanced drive and they enjoyed a lot that day.

Thank you everyone for joining this drive at a short notice and look forward to see you soon on sand.

Umar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Eagle on Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tarikyamani
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Short Notice Easy Advance in Al Faya

Post by Tarikyamani »

Thanks Umar for the calm and safe track for everyone, will see you soon for another trip

varriernanda
Advanced
Advanced

Post by varriernanda »

Technical nd challenging track. But enjoyed lot the track nd drive. Thanx Umer bhai for the trip

vipinmpd08
Advanced
Advanced

Post by vipinmpd08 »

It was great track, enjoyed