Adv 101 - Wagan to Um AlOush with camping(min 10 trips)

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Adv 101 - Wagan to Um AlOush with camping(min 10 trips)

Post by Dirtdiver »

Adv 101 - Wagan to Um AlOush with camping(min 10 trips) Day1

We all met at the deflation point close to the designated time. One driver was around 10 min late due to the fog. Once we all had deflated, I gave the 101 safety briefing under the watchful eyes of Michael and Jean. Michale assigned convoy order and we departed around 930am.

Convoy:
EmDoc ***** JK (lead)
CANTALOUBE ***** JK (2nd lead)
Stocifer ** FJ
Bignack ** Ram Rebel
Dirtdiver **** 4Runner (sweeper)

The meeting point was just north of Al Qou road on the Al Wagan side. Michal led us north into the dunes then we started heading west. We were enjoying the beautiful untouched dunes side sloping our way west while warming up. After a good warm up we had a short break and Michal reminded everyone of the proper way to get on and off a crest from the side. Michael kept getting higher and higher with the side sloping getting the intermediate drivers use to ridding paradelle to the crest. as everyone got comfortable with ridding alongside the crest Michael found some easy crest for everyone to practice side cresting. We met up with a private trip for lunch and then shortly after we met up with the advanced trip for tea and pictures. We had three recovers and several second attempts, lost one flag and one go pro, and one punctured tire. Everyone was controlling their vehicles well and making smart decisions. Jean did a great job as second lead and kept us out of danger. We covered around 75 km and ended the day at the planned camp spot at 430 pm. I departed due to obligations. The rest will camp with the Advanced team and continue the trip tomorrow.

Thanks Michael for organizing this trip, selecting an amazing track, and allowing me to give the briefing and support your 101 trip. Safe Travels Jean it has been wonderful driving with you again. Hope you can come back in April.

Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Adv 101 - Wagan to Um AlOush with camping(min 10 trips)

Post by EmDoc »

A truly memorable trip in an often overlooked area of the desert. Thanks Tim for the detailed report of the trip. As stated, the intermediate drivers coped very well with the challenging dunes of the range from Wagan to Um al Oush. And meeting up with others from the club was a great bonus.

Thanks to Jean for supporting the trip on both days and to Tim and Reji for fine support on days 1 and 2 respectively. These trips would not work without the solid support provided.

Till next time

cmj1388
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cmj1388 »

Thanks guys for the meet up… it’s always a pleasure to see your team come in from no where 👍

CANTALOUBE
Marshal
Marshal

Post by CANTALOUBE »

Thanks for a lovely weekend, it's good to be back with friends and in the desert.
Hope to see you soon.

strocifer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by strocifer »

Thank you for the organization of this nice trip.
It was a great experience to drive surrounded by topnotch drivers, on such a long distance, and always within a strong safety framework: i have learnt so much during this trip! I can't wait to taste dune cresting again :)