Easy Advance in Nahil - Convoy 1

All reports about trips and events
shiroy
Marshal
Marshal

Easy Advance in Nahil - Convoy 1

Post by shiroy »

We had a few cancellations on the morning of the drive and the previous day but we still had enough attending for 2 convoys. The meeting/ starting point of this drive was slightly inside on the sand about 70 meters away from the gatch road. All cars were on time except for one. Briefing started at 1:25 PM and we divided our selves into 2 convoys. James took the advance level drivers who had more than 4 drives and I had the advance level drivers who had less than 3 drives. My second lead and sweeper both had only 2 drives each in advance all others this was their first drive. Convoy order was as follows:

***** Roy- FJ- Lead
*** Travis - Wrangler - 2nd Lead
*** Vipin - Wrangler
*** Volod - 4Runner
*** Edu - Wrangler
*** Julius - Wrangler
*** Kannan- Wrangler
***John- Wrangler - Sweeper

We started after the gatch on the right side at the small dunes and headed south west towards Sweihan town. We took it nice and easy as most drivers were new to the advance level. We played on all the small dunes for the first half of the drive. Mid way through Edu started to have some technical issues with his Wrangler and we decided to drive him to the gatch road so that he could exit safely. Once he left we porceded back to the small dunes and practiced side cresting some more. The crest of the dunes were not great as they were relatively flat and bumpy from all the rains that happened 5 days ago. However we made the most of what was available and practiced a lot of cresting on the untouched fresh dunes as they were all quite small.

During the drive we tok multiple breaks and as everyone was driving well we moved towards the medium sized dunes on the larger side of the Nahil dunes. We then came across the intermediate level convoys had had a chat with them. We then crested the bigger dunes at the end of the drive. Considering this was the first or second advance drive for all drivers they reverse crested the big dunes which was quite challenging and did an amazing job in doing so. At this dune they had numerous attempts in practicing thier lines and quenched their cresting thirst before we could head back to the gatch. By this time we had the pleasure of Tompa join us who floated around the convoy.

Before we could head out we went into the big Nahil bowl for one last run and crested out from the top before heading out back onto the gatch. All cars exited safely. There were no recoveries or any issues. Everyone drove really well considering they were all new to the advance level.

Special Thank you to James for coming and taking the second convoy.

Look forwards to seeing you all in the sand next time. Until then Adios :bye2:

kanns
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Easy Advance in Nahil - Convoy 1

Post by kanns »

This was my first advanced drive with my Jeep Wrangler JL. The thrill of exploring my vehicle's capabilities was unmatched. I was particularly excited to test out how it performed in both low and high gear, which was a significant part of this adventure.

During the trip, I had the opportunity to engage with many fellow Jeep owners as well as drivers of other vehicles. It was fascinating to learn about everyone's unique driving preferences. Despite driving vehicles of the same brand, I noticed that a few drivers preferred to always navigate in either high or low gear, showcasing the diversity in driving styles within our community.

One fun I encountered was maintaining my position at the top of the crest. Thankfully, Roy, who always kept a watchful eye on the entire convoy, was there to assist. He provided invaluable tips and tricks on how to stay on top of the crest, including how to maintain our vehicle with the 50/50 and 70/30 proportion, and how to climb high dunes successfully.

Overall, the drive was an exhilarating and fun experience. I'm grateful for everyone's valuable time and assistance throughout this journey. The insights and tips I received have not only improved my driving skills but have also deepened my appreciation for the off-roading community.

Thank you all once again, and I look forward to our next adventure together! :D :D :D :D
KaNn$