Post by Octopus »

This trip was 100% a Yota Mafia trip, only Toyota's

Drivers :
Zak
Andrei
Artur
Ahmed
Ziad

We had a plan to visit Shah Dune which is, I believe, the highest slipface in liwa. However we wanted to have fun so we started from Moreeb. After all meeting up and doing a briefing we started off from Moreeb due south. Taking the lay of the dunes we warmed up and started to enjoy the drive. The sand was super soft and we had to be careful especially on the slopes as the cars were getting bogged very easily. As we distanced from Moreeb the dunes changed (less visitors from the festival) and we had alot of fund with driving the big bowls and climbing the stairs on each of the big sand mountains. around 4pm we reached to dune buggy dune. and i noticed this alot more than before and its a big shame, so much garbage everywhere. even on some of the other places on the way there was alot of garbage. Also dune buggy dune was full wavy and we could not really drive on it safely.

After dune buggy dune we found a perfect camping spot but had some nice stucks on the way there.

2nd day we had a slow morning and enjoyed the peace and quiet, nothing like liwa for start gazing and feeling the nature in the desert. We saw a herd of gazelles which was very rare in liwa. We started slow as gasoline was low and were very selective on where to drive and which areas to play. Around noon we made it to Shah dune and because of the direction of the wind we were checking our cars for clutch or handbrake. the sulfur smell from the gas plant was very strong. To reach the top of the dune was very tricky and we carefully made our way not wanting a big headache before the end of the trip. taking the slipface was a very fun experience and i look forward to returning.

from there we took the low ground to the track and exited at hameem.

for me this was an amazing trip, really good company and everyone drove extremely well. we had no damages or mishaps at all only a couple of bumps on my bumper from the ditches.

thanks again for joining.

Zak

Noob2020
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Liwa Calling 2

Post by Noob2020 »

it was amazing trip, weather was perfect for camping, good track, good people and perfect amount of charcoal. We had a good view, laughter, music, food, stars above us, what else needed. Looking forward to meet in desert again!
Future marshal :hiii:

Vader
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Vader »

Had an amazing weekend! Thank you to Zak for organizing and for the entire crew that made this that a very memorable trip. Amazing drive, great company, and excellent food at the camp spot.
راعي الربع

dreamerEtS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dreamerEtS »

It was amazing trip! Wonderful camp spot with perfect view. Good people, chit chat and nice sandy bbq :)