DXB Newbie Afternoon

All reports about trips and events
SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

DXB Newbie Afternoon

Post by SandSailor »

A very fine day with drizzling rain. We met at 2nd Dec on time. We had 3 last min drops so were in total 6 including Nil, her first drive with the club although she had previous desert driving experience. After the detailed ANIT briefing the convoy order was;

Sandsailor
Ozgur (Ozgur - 2nd Lead)
Pelit (Gokce)
off_the_map (Nil)
GopalGKS (Gopal)
amosphere (Ahmet - Sweep)

Great fun drive overall. Started easy but increased the intensity and challenges as the convoy warmed up, even touching bits of an INT level pace. Everyone coped up really well. Practiced straight cresting, climbing, descends as well as side sloping. Only a couple of snatch recoveries (executed finely by Ahmet) and a couple of 2nd tries. Despite heavy traffic we roamed around the area and finished at shops around 6.

Ozgur, good to have you back on sand after a while and thanks for the 2nd lead. Good pacing and judgement where needed also picking the better line.

Very good control Gokce especially given this was your 2nd drive, well done. With time you will understand how powerful your car is indeed and you dont need your breakes that much.

Welcome to the club Nil, clearly you have had your desert driving time beforehand, bery solid driving. Hope to have you more in our drives.

Good solid driving Gopal, at times you needed more power given lack of lift in your car and muddy quagmire terrain. Watch out for that. Thanks for the lovely felafel!

Great sweeping Ahmet although this was your first time. Good clear communication. Also great control of the car after the warm up and thanks for the recoveries.

Overall great fun day on sand with great company. C u on sand!

Emre 🏜️⚓️
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

GopalGKS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: DXB Newbie Afternoon - 11.02.2024 - Sand Sailor - Emre

Post by GopalGKS »

Very Good and Beautiful Morning Chief.

At morning yesterday (11.02.2024), during little heavy rain in Sharjah, had a doubt whether trip will be on due to rain. Thanks to you confirming in our trip group drive is on and lets enjoy the drive with drizzle. Until reaching our starting point 2nd Dec Cafeteria was not having a hope due to heavy rain in between and how to manage the drive. With your confident and hope given to us during the brief, enjoyed very nice drizzling drive. Also big applause to other participants, everyone did extremely well. Would like to see more trips from you especially afternoon session. See you soon. Thank you once again.

With regards
Gopal Parthiban

Pelit

Re: DXB Newbie Afternoon

Post by Pelit »

I express my gratitude to Sandsailor for organizing such a wonderful trip under rain & Thank you to all other participants being patient during my stucks and great company☺️

I enjoyed every seconds of this day. Looking forward to driving with you guys and experience more. See you, Gökçe 🔆

amosphere
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: DXB Newbie Afternoon

Post by amosphere »

Hello everyone

It was a very nice and rare drive which happened during the rain. This trip was my first sweep drive and with first time recoveries. I can say this trip was a perfect educational trip with the directions from Sandsailor. I want to thanks to everyone and their friendship. Gopal it was very nice Falafel. And Özgür the motto is ‘ bir biskrem versem’

The remaining from the trip in my mind is ‘ convoy is moving ‘