Welcome back Jean and Thomas

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Welcome back Jean and Thomas

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks everyone who came out to help welcome Marshals Mytommie and CANTALOUBE back to the sand. We got a little bit of a late start because everyone wanted to greet our special Guest. They both Departed in July 2023 so it's been seven months since most of us has seen/talked with them. We eventually started driving around 3:15PM

Convoy
Dirtdiver **** 4runner (Lead)
Benn1969*** Wrangler Rubicon (A solid 2nd Lead)
Tonisb** Jeep Cherokee
Mytommie***** JKU
CANTALOUBE*****JK
edumarcato*** Wrangler Rubicon
Dingo***JK
Ruttan *** Prado (sweeper, excellent job)

Maher**** JK Floating support
Emdoc***** Floating support

We had one intermediate driver and a few drivers that had been out of the desert for a while so started with a mild intermediate track. After safety briefing, we lined up in order and did our radio checks while heading down the gatch towards tree dunes. WE warmed up side sloping and winding our way towards the tree dunes. Once we reached the tree dunes, we took a short break. Everyone was doing great, so we increased the pace a little and found some really nice bowls to play in. Giving all the drivers plenty of opportunity to practice side sloping. To my surprise our guest of honor did not try side cresting even though we all could tell they wanted to. We had a few second tries thought the afternoon. Seven of us had planned on camping and wanted to set up camp before dark so I led us back to the end of the Gatch road around 5:15PM. Where logbooks were signed; our intermediate driver managed to get the final signatures in his logbook for his upgrade to advance level. The campers and non-campers departed ways a little before the inflation point. Everyone did a great job driving and we all had a pleasant afternoon with old friends doing what we love doing.

Congratulations Tonisb on your soon to come upgrade.

Thanks, Emdoc and Maher for keeping a watchful eye on us. John and Adam, you both did excellent jobs and made leading easy for me.

The camping was the perfect way to end the wonderful day. Looking forward to next weekend back in the dunes with friends!!

Tim

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Welcome back Jean and Thomas

Post by EmDoc »

Great trip Tim, an enjoyable track that was well paced, interesting and controlled with good convoy management throughout.

A good day, made all the better by the return visit of marshals John and Thomas.

Benn1969
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Benn1969 »

Great trip Tim with some really nice tracks. Very nice to be with our returning Marshals who both helped me as a Newbie and Intermediate. The sunset at the campsite was a bonus!!

edumarcato
Advanced
Advanced

Post by edumarcato »

Thanks Tim & supporting team. It was great to be back to Bu Tais and meet the two legend Marshalls, Tim’s jeep. The bonus was the toilet in the middle of nowhere banksyan style 😂👍

Ruttan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ruttan »

As always a great lead by Tim in lower bu tais, great driving by all, especially by our returning marshals.

I managed to get agreement to do a double drive only because of their participation, so although she won't reading this, much gratitude to my wife for taking care of the family whilst I was enjoying spending time with old friends.

So let's do it again, guys!

CANTALOUBE
Marshal
Marshal

Post by CANTALOUBE »

It's so good to be back with friends and in the desert. Thank you Tim for organising this trip for us. It was great for my return to the sand in my jeep. Good to see you all again.
The night after was perfect and woke up to the rain.
See you all again soon.