Treasure hunt at Madinat Zayed …

All reports about trips and events
cmj1388
Explorer
Explorer

Treasure hunt at Madinat Zayed …

Post by cmj1388 »

An advance and intermediate trip posted by Marshall Michael… to go back and play around on the creasent dunes that we missed to attempt last week and also try to see if we are lucky enough to find the GoPro that I lost last week during the Rahal desert fun .

With couple of cancellations, we decided to have it as one convoy where in Marshall Michaels leads us towards the Yellow truck as an Advance 101 for two of our intermediate members … there after I take over as an intermediate drive searching and playing 🤗 for rest of the track.

We had Marshal Kevin as well joined for support and to test his raptor.

Convoy Order:
Marshall Michael( Lead and Second lead)
Chris (Lead and Sweep)
John
Edu
Volodymyr
Marshall Kevin(Floating support)

We started by 8am with an advance 101 track by Marshall Michael towards the Yellow truck . Fun drive in a cold morning , testing the skills of those two to make sure they are ready for next level or not. Some high climbs and technical tracks and long side slops … very well enjoyed ….
We reached Yellow truck by around 9.30 had some photos and then Michael handed over the lead to me … task to reach the last found location of the cam and drive the route of last week making sure we take those slops we miss last week( tricky and enjoyable task) … So much crescent dunes and we take all which came our way which is technically challenging and safe for our two intermediate members … all sticks on the sand looked to me as my GoPro stick… the slops made me go towards it forgetting the track to follow to find the cam…and then return back 😂

We finished almost an hour late than planned … no stucks , one or two second tries… enough breaks as needed … a memorable treasure hunt not finding the treasure , which makes the commitment to go back 🤓

Finally both Volodymr and Edu proved that they are ready to the next level with out doubt … well done guys … John well done and nice confident drive … Marshall Kevin thanks for the support ….

Until next time… Drive safe …

Best Regards,
Chris

edumarcato
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Treasure hunt at Madinat Zayed …

Post by edumarcato »

Thanks a lot for Michael, Chris and Kevin for organising and supporting - we couldn’t be in safer hands.

This was one of the best trips I’ve done so far - madinat zayed dunes are picturesque, challenging and yet very enjoyable. Particularly interesting to deal with the soft sand on high dunes and the importance of mastering momentum vs torque. The small convoy made the whole drive very fun with only some small pauses for the 1 by 1s on the bigger dunes.

I can’t wait to go back there - thanks again.

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Treasure hunt at Madinat Zayed …

Post by EmDoc »

Excellent day out plus camping the night before.

Every one drove well, especially our two intermediates. They both deserve an upcoming upgrade.

See all again soon