Newbie Trip at Sweihan PM 14 Oct 2023

All reports about trips and events
irfpk
Marshal
Marshal

Newbie Trip at Sweihan PM 14 Oct 2023

Post by irfpk »

We all met at Sweihan Wedding Hall Meeting point at 1400. There were two cancellations (wahid and kdsouza) just before trip. Safety/Trip briefing was conducted at deflation point ( Under bridge near gate 12). The participants were as follow:
Irfan (Lead Marshal)
Adiga, Pshasha, Kevin and Kamran ( Support Marshals)
Shiroy ( Explorer and Part Lead)
Rahul, Karam1988( Intermediate)
Gagandeep, edumarcato, Salt84, vpuiul and Moussa ( Newbies)

Convoy moved at 1520 with Karam1988 (Int) as second lead and Shiroy (Explorer) as official sweeper of convoy. We started with easy and smooth track. Later it was increased for learning newbie level skills. There were number of second tries and few stucks as usual. All were handled by support team. They were everywhere to guide and help members in negotiating obstacles. We had numerous refreshment breaks in between. Later, I handed over Lead to Shiroy (Explorer) and myself became 2nd Lead with Marshal Kamran as sweeper. Shiroy selected a nice track and took convoy to BBQ point on return passage.

All drivers showed confidence in handling their vehicles and got opportunity to improve newbie level skills. Thanks everybody for joining trip and I look forward to see you in future trips.

My special thanks to support team for your extra ordinary efforts.

shiroy
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Newbie Trip at Sweihan PM 14 Oct 2023

Post by shiroy »

Thank you so much Irfan for posting this drive and for giving me an opportunity to part lead this newbie track. The It was a fun day and a good learning experience for all the newbies and intermediates who showed up.

Look forward to seeing you all in the sand again sometime soon.

Gagan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Newbie Trip at Sweihan PM 14 Oct 2023

Post by Gagan »

It was a fun and exciting drive...great opportunity to learn new skills. Thank you for organising this trip.