AUH - Al Faya Intermediate

All reports about trips and events
Ianzki
Explorer
Explorer

AUH - Al Faya Intermediate

Post by Ianzki »

My plan was for only 5 drivers, but with the support of Reji and Dan, I had to accept more drivers from the waiting list to begin enjoying the off-roading season.
After all the drivers arrived at the meeting point, we commenced with a safety briefing, followed by convoy arrangements as we split the convoy into two.

Convoy 1
Ian ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Trip leader
Roberto ⭐️⭐️ - Second lead
Benjamin ⭐️⭐️
Oskar ⭐️⭐️
Tomasz ⭐️⭐️
Alexandre⭐️⭐️
Nick⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Sweeper

We started by side sloping on small dunes to get everyone warmed up, gradually increasing the level as confidence grew. We drive like a roller coaster ride with breaks in between to discuss their experience. We later met up with the other convoy for a quick chit-chat. Continuing our trip, we practiced more side sloping, and on our way back, we had one vehicle getting stuck, but all drivers came together to handle the situation effectively.
We wrapped up the trip at 10:00, covering a total distance of 36 kilometers.

All the drivers did well controlling their vehicles with proper momentum when doing the side sloping.

Thank you Roberto for a solid second lead and Nick for keeping me updated from the back.
And of course thank you again for Reji and Dan for the support as we allowed more drivers to join this trip.

Reji and Dan will do their trip report on their convoy.

See you all again next time 😎
LIFE GOES ON
:ad4x4: :bye2: :rin: ::mgun:
Ian Dilag FJC

strocifer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: AUH - Al Faya Intermediate

Post by strocifer »

Thank you Ian for organizing this nice trip.
I enjoyed a lot the smooth drive, I definitely gained experience with my car, practising side slope and talking with the group !
Plus the weather conditions were nice, and the sand not too soft.
See you next time

Reji
Explorer
Explorer

Re: AUH - Al Faya Intermediate

Post by Reji »

Thanks Ian for organizing this trip, accommodate all waiting list by splitting the convoy and given us a chance to lead one convoy.