DXB - Fri Morning Newbies

All reports about trips and events
Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

DXB - Fri Morning Newbies

Post by Kayra »

We all gathered at 2nd December cafeteria between 06:45 and 07:15, did the briefing and and at 7:30 we started driving at the following convoy order;

Engin (Lead)
Sunil (2nd Lead)
Osman
Murat
Iyad
Abdulwaheed
Avni
Orhan
Utku
Peter (sweeper)
Marshal Serkan

We spent the first hour driving around in the pink rock area. We tried a number of straight crests and head few snatch recoveries. Then we head onto the top off pink rock and took a short break over there. During the break, some of the drivers played in the bowl next to the breakpoint. We then headed towards the interchange to Badayer. On the way to the interchange, we had a few second tries and few self recoveries. We crossed the interchange at 9:30 and started driving at technical area of Badayer, trying to gain skills in driving in technical terrain. Towards the end we planned to climb the high dune by the Badayer shops but the softening sand due to increasing temperature made us reconsider the plan. It was already 10:15 so we abandoned climbing and we headed to the shops where we ended our drive at 10:30.

I would like to thank our sweeper Peter, Marshal Serkan and my second lead Sunil for seamless synchronization with me and support they have given.
- Osman did very well given this was his first drive with us.
- Murat has improved his straight cresting skills during this drive
- Iyad demonstrated an impressive command of his beast, the modified F150 Raptor.
- Abdulwaheed was good in negotiating all obstacles
- Avni is showing signs of getting prepared for upgrade to the next level.
- Similarly Orhan also seems ready to become intermediate.
- Utku did well at the back. He needs to get his logbook completed and prepare for upgrade to intermediate.

All in all, it was a nice and uneventful drive. I hope the fellow drivers enjoyed it as much as I did. The weather is still hot to start a drive at 7:30. I think we need another month to be able to enjoy a morning drive starting at 7:30. That’s all from my side. I hope to see you all again in the next drive.

Engin
Engin
LC71

KomSer
Marshal
Marshal

Re: DXB - Fri Morning Newbies

Post by KomSer »

Thanks a lot Engin for the great drive. It was a perfect lead with wonderfull teaching technics you did.

Everybody did great and finished the drive nicely.

Regards
Serkan
Serkan Ortac

Jock63
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jock63 »

Engin this was a superb Newbie drive. Exciting and educational.

You could see the improvement at almost every turn.

This is what makes AD4x4 such a great club. Guys like you and Serkan giving up your time to introduce a new bunch of great guys learning the joys of Off Road driving

wahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by wahid »

Thanks Engin it was really great trip and well said good sync in the convoy too.
Thanks Marshal Serkan and Peter ( energy and power).
Look forward to see y in samd again.

snaware
Advanced
Advanced

Post by snaware »

Thanks, Engin for the nice drive to start a long weekend. Inspiring confidence, providing encouragement and guidance throughout the drive to all the team.

Thanks to the support team, it was a fun drive with superb group of drivers.

Looking forward to drive with you all.