Early advance Sweihan

All reports about trips and events
tompa-bjorka
Marshal
Marshal

Early advance Sweihan

Post by tompa-bjorka »

Myself, Farhan, Chrismon, Rob T, Andrei, Vaughan and Bassam were on time 530 AM in SWeihan BBQ point for deflation. After short brief we started off with basic advance creasting. All did really well so we continued towards the somewhat bigger dunes direction Nagra. Took some breaks on the way to talk though driving techniques and what to do and not. We reached Nagra and turned back reaching the Gate 12 at around 9AM. I was impressed by Farhan, Andrei and Bassam and there skills after only a few advance drives logged. There were some second tries, bu no recoveries and good decision making was shown through out the drive, going down instead of trying to push in all situations.

Was a nice drive and morning, will see you soon again. Thanks to Rob, Vaughan and Chris for joining and supporting the drive.

Bassamoreo
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Early advance Sweihan

Post by Bassamoreo »

WOW! What a drive!

To start off with the smaller dunes & taking our time in them was a great call, as it allowed me to practice & build my confidence in tackling such situations.

Then came the bigger dunes which got me to really push my boundaries to a new high limits. Few months ago I thought were unattainable.

Riding the crest and the fun of staying up was lots of fun.

I have a lot to learn but most importantly I’m enjoying this new level.

Thank you marshal for the great drive, guidance & advice, patience & keeping things safe yet exciting & challenging.

Thank you Chris for the great 2nd lead.

Rob thank you for your amazing sweep and continued mentorship & guidance - I always look forward to that.

& Vaughan for your complements - made me like my jimny when I was doubting it a bit 😊

Looking forward to meeting you all in the desert soon.

Mr Magoo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mr Magoo »

A very enjoyable morning drive in good company . Thanks Thomas, it was well worth the early start.

See you all again soon.

Rob

cmj1388
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cmj1388 »

Thanks Thomas for another Enjoyable and signature drive of yours to start my season after my short vacation.
The staged drive was lovely as Basem mentioned and it was fun following .

Basem, Farhan and Andrei loved your confidence and patience , a very well done drive.

Thanks Vaun and Rob for the support to all of us… happy to be back.

See u all on Sand soon…. Happy Desert 💐