Summer Adventure (Tim's Lead)

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Summer Adventure (Tim's Lead)

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks Marshal Zak for announcing this trip that started as an intermediate trip and Mytommi’s last trip but turned into two intermediate trips plus the newbie trip. I think there may have even been another trip. The number of club members that showed up to wish Thomas and Jean farewell was awesome. AD4x4 is more than a club, it’s a Family!

Convoy
**** Dirtdiver
** Tonisb (2nd Lead) Mytommi as passenger
** strocifer
** PatrickJC
** Kunal (sweeper)

Supported by Marshals: Mytommi, EmDoc, Expert Mhamidi001, and Advanced Noob2020, dreamerEts

Arabian nights was the area chosen for this Sunday morning trip. We met on time at the meeting point and Chris and I divided the intermediate drivers into two groups. I also had a few more that wanted to tag along and was thankful they did.

We deflated and after trip & safety briefing and moved into the tricky dunes North of the gatch road to warm up.
Arabian nights maintained it reputation for soft sands and technical dunes. Shortly after entering the sand we had our first of many second attempts. We continued navigating north east with several second attempts and recoveries. I was planning on taking a break at 0800 but at 0757 we had a pop out. The vehicle was positioned on a flat area and the team worked together to quickly get the tire seated back on the rim. After a short break we continued heading east and continued getting stuck and having 2nd attempts. At 0830 I changed directions heading back towards the gatch hoping to make it out on time. The dunes had other plans and despite switching to straight cresting we was still 50 minutes late returning to the inflation point, we even had one passenger experiencing motion sickness.

We finished the trip 1020 at inflation point.

I really enjoyed the morning with a wonderful group. I am looking forward to my next lead. Thanks Michael, Thomas, and Maher for supporting this trip, Tonai and Kunal for 2nd lead and sweeping.
I would like to give a special thanks to Arthur and Andrei for all the recoveries.

Thanks all for joining and supporting the trip and see you soon again in the sand.

Tim
Last edited by Dirtdiver on Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Summer Adventure (Tim's Lead)

Post by EmDoc »

Great morning out Tim. A lovely trip, a good track with sufficient fun to spur development in the intermediate convoy.

Looking forward to the next one

Octopus
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Octopus »

Well done on taking the lead. The sand was very soft in parts and alot of stucks are expected.

Noob2020
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Noob2020 »

Thanks for organising an adventure. It was nice to see all like-minded together in desert from early morning.
Everything was up to high AD4x4 standarts - no need to worry about a thing, just do your role and enjoy scenery/people.

First time I write comment about trip and I am little bit sad. (Okay, second time. First time was when my car’s engine died, but this time is different). AD4x4 is more than just a club, this is a place where you can meet true legends and learn from them.. I hope that our life paths will cross again and not once, Thomas & Jean! See you in desert again :)
Future marshal :hiii:

dreamerEtS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dreamerEtS »

the sand was really soft, lots of fun getting stuck. it was cool as always with ad4x4

strocifer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by strocifer »

Thank you for the organization of the trip.
The experience of the team was helpful to help me with the pop-out. We didn't hear the pop but the tire is doing fine !

Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Mytommi »

Thanks Tim for leading this trip. It was packed with soft sand challenges and learnings for the intermediate drivers and a lot of fun for all others ;-)
It was my last trip in the AD desert - until further notice.
Thanks Toni for accepting me as a passenger.
It was a great pleasure to be in the desert with all of you.
Keep it up!

kunal
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by kunal »

Thanks Zak for organising the drive and to Tim for leading the drive. Soft sand made it hard work, but it was fun - got to test the crawl control feature of car.
Looking forward to the next one!