Post by Dirtdiver »

onvoy
**** Dirtdiver (lead)
*** Ruttan (2nd Lead)
*** DreamerEts
*** Dingo (sweeper)

Supported by Marshals: EmDoc, CANTALOUBE and Guest Mashal Suhaib Qaruoty
Experts: JamesTaylor and Mr Magoo

we all met on time at Gate 12, quickly deflated and had a safety briefing. Convoy order was established, and radio frequency establish. We lined up and accomplished a radio check then started our warmup.

We had said we wanted to try to reach old lady dune if possible before it got to hot. Unfortunately, a few other groups started before 6am and we was running into a lot of routed dunes as we headed east. We kept warming up and heading southeast looking for fresh dunes. Around 7am we stopped for a break. Everyone had been doing great and untouched dunes was in front of us.
After break we had one vehicle with mechanical issues, we decided we was going to split the group and get the broken vehicle to the gatch while the rest of us continued driving. After splitting for only 10 minutes, we got a radio call that we needed to return and assist getting the broken vehicle out to the gatch.
I want to thank everyone for pitching in and helping to try to get the disabled vehicle out of the dunes. No one complained, No one left when the chance was provided, everyone stayed until all efforts was exhausted and we decided to leave the vehicle until tomorrow when parts will be carried back to repair the vehicle in the dunes.

We finished the trip at 1230h on the gatch road.

I really enjoyed the morning with a wonderful group. I am looking forward to my next lead. Thanks Michael, Jean, Rob and Jamie for supporting this trip, Dingo and Adam for sweeping and second lead.

Thanks all for joining and supporting the trip and see you soon again in the sand.

Tim

Ruttan
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Early morning in Sweihan

Post by Ruttan »

An eventful drive for sure. Great leading skills, lots of fun and always more to learn.

Looking forward to the next one.

Dingo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dingo »

Enjoyed the nice temperatures early morning and the excellent lead.

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Post by EmDoc »

Thanks Tim for organising and leading an enjoyable morning trip. Looking forward to the next one.