Zak - Fortuner
Janko - FJ (2nd lead)
Muzamil - Y61
Rajesh - FJ
Johan - FJ
Alex - Pathfinder
Roberto - FJ
Farhan - Prado

Everyone arrived early and we did a simple safety briefing on the tarmac before hitting the dunes. everyone was experienced at newbie level so the intention was for everyone to get a feel of technical driving and also higher speed driving.
We started on the small dunes and practiced some challenging straight crests and technical driving with a few stucks including myself. we then made our way to the larger dunes climbing up on an easy track until we found a nice side slope. everyone practiced the slide slope and did it perfectly. as we progressed we found more side slopes and more challenging climbs and everyone in the convoy did well and got a good feel for turning down and keeping good control of their car. About midway through one of our team had sever motion sickness so we took an extended break but even after that he was facing alot of issues so we let him continue resting while the rest of the convoy had a good flow around the large dunes and finally practiced a large straight crest and steep decent.

Thanks all for joining and look forward to see you again soon and playing at the higher level.

Zak

strocifer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Newbies Touching Intermediate (Nahil)

Post by strocifer »

Thank you Zak for organizing this trip.
It was a very nice drive, as always. I cant wait to gain experience to be able to play in the big bowl where we made a break!!

genius
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Newbies Touching Intermediate (Nahil)

Post by genius »

strocifer wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 3:26 pm
I cant wait to gain experience to be able to play in the big bowl where we made a break!!
The abandoned fuel tank and the broken walkie talkie kind of reflect the vibe of the place.

We might need a bit more practice, but it's all good fun! 😄

Thanks for the great trip, Zak!