Perseids Meteor Shower - Thursday Night Newbie

All reports about trips and events
petro
Marshal
Marshal

Perseids Meteor Shower - Thursday Night Newbie

Post by petro »

We set up this trip to do an easy night drive with Newbies, and to watch some of the Perseids meteor shower out at the Nagara dune.

In my convoy I had JITHU, Pjro2019, Redbeard, gfcotellessa, JustAhmedo, with Mira-M, Irfan, JoUAE2018 supporting the drive.

We started the drive about 7:30PM and headed out towards Nagara. We proceeded from the BBQ point into the dunes and then followed them towards Nagaraa, crossing the gatch road half way. THere were a lot of bowls on the route and everyone made it through with no problems. Everyone on the drive was in control and made good decisions when there were stucks or second tries.

At Nagara we stopped for a while to watch for shooting stars, but I only heard of one person seeing one :(

THere was however some FJ cruisers with bright lights and loud exhaust making many attempts to climb up Nagara dune. The second newbie convoy never made it to Nagara as planned and we ran into them at the BBQ point after returning back from our trip at 11pm.

Thank you all for coming everyone and I hope you enjoyed the event even though the meteor show didn't’ happen.

irfpk
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Perseids Meteor Shower - Thursday Night Newbie

Post by irfpk »

Thanks Petro for organising and leading newbie night drive. It was indeed pleasure to drive with some new and old friends.
Thanks support team ( Mira and Jo); It was not an easy job to keep an eye on long convoy at night.

JoUAE2018
Advanced
Advanced

Post by JoUAE2018 »

Thank you Kevin and Irfpk for a very smooth and enjoyable night drive.

Was definitely nice driving in Sweihan again and seeing old faces.

Even if the stars favored some more than others, it was still a gorgeous night out there. Forgot how dark it is once you go inside the dunes in Sweihan.

It was also lovely to have another female driver on board as support, thank you for your gentle manner Mira.

See you guys in the sand soon.

Redbeard
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Redbeard »

Thanks Petro and support team.
Nice drive, good to have some evening trips in this heat!