Trip Report Newbies Khazna 28 Feb

All reports about trips and events
tompa-bjorka
Marshal
Marshal

Trip Report Newbies Khazna 28 Feb

Post by tompa-bjorka »

Big demand for newbie drives, that is very good. I posted a trip for 10 and we ended up with 27 cars, thanks to Marshal Kevin to volunteer to support so we could make two separate convoys, one ANIT and second convoy with more experienced newbies.

We started with trip briefing for all drivers, then Kevin's convoy 2, took off and I made separate ANIT brief for convoy 1.

Convoy 1 drivers:
Marshal Tompa
Support team: Mark (loefflmj1), Ajesh, The Baron, Kharadly, Asif, matts
Great newbie drivers: Pjro2019, Jithu, blonde, Jonas, Stouchka, kprocks, Razvan, hisubahar, Mhamidi001

Convoy 2 driivers:
Marshal Kevin (petro)
Support team: Kamran143, -V- (Ahmad)
Intermediate: PeggyPJ1, mihir6066
Newbies: medhat, Tarikyamani, webscare, subrsrini, Lucianevoiresj

(Kevin will add the trip report for convoy 2 as separate post below)

Mark was acting second lead, Ajesh between Anit drivers, Asif sweeper and Kharady and Rene watching from sides. We took off nice and easy, trying to pick an easy path. After some time, ANIT showed increasing confidence so we started to practice some smaller straight crests, which gave subsequent opportunities to practice recoveries, which is also an important skill to master when going to the desert. Newbies and ANITS were showing good control of their cars, so went on to do some slip faces too, also this with good outcome. We took some breaks in the nice morning, at around 11:45 we made it back to the inflation point.

Special thanks to the support team. Not possible to do trips like this without good support, much appreciated. Drivers – well done, good to see confidence growing during a trip. This is the first time I have a Suzuki Jimny and a Raptor in the same convoy, these two cars are as different as it can be. To me it illustrates the fact that anyone can go to the desert and enjoy driving, only thing needed is a car with 4WD and a good mood.

See you next time.

/Thomas

tompa-bjorka
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Trip Report Newbies Khazna 28 Feb

Post by tompa-bjorka »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tompa-bjorka
Marshal
Marshal

Post by tompa-bjorka »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajesh
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ajesh »

It was a nice day out and commendation to Thomas for a well planned track which gradually increased the fun level for the new drivers

All the drivers did well and it was a pleasure to be a part of the convoy.
-
Ajesh
R50 Pathy

loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

Post by loefflmj1 »

Great newbie track. Good drivers. Great support. Everyone did really well. Thanks to all.
Mark Loeffler

asif padela
Marshal
Marshal

Post by asif padela »

Big thanks to Thomas for setting this up. It was a big group, everyone did a great job. The track started off facilitating ANIT drivers and progressed to a good pace.