Swehan Newbie #2 24 January

All reports about trips and events
petro
Marshal
Marshal

Post by petro »

The group met at-8:00AM at the Sweihan Wedding hall.-Everyone was on-time, except for one. Rain had begun to fall so we held the brief under the-sun-shades. The convoy order was set, and the radio channel was given while we waited for thee last driver We had two-new driver that hadn't been in the club for a while Kanan has an old AD4X4 logbook, but its still newbie. As much appreciated support we had Aiesh and Cannonball. The newbies in attendance were Matts, Mihir6066, Redbeard, Medhat, sbinounous, Webscare, Kanns, and Jamal.

Once medhat arrived we finished the safety briefing and drove to the defalation point-At the Swehan BBQ point we-deflated, and continued the-safety briefing to go over vehicle safety in the sand.-Following the-debrief weheaded out with ta convoy-order-of Me, Medhat mihir6066, sbinouous, Jamal,-Kanns, Webscare, and Redbeard. Aieesh was after sbinouous some times, and at others he was supporting from the side. Cannobal was always roaming and-supporting here needed - The convoy moved very smoothly, with mihir6066 having trouble engaging his4x4.- We stopped and were able to figure out how to get it engaged. We drove towards Nagara, and mostly stayed in between the dunes with some occasional straight crests across dunes At one large dune, Medhat had to take a few tries and then got stuck. We practiced recovery and then Medhat was able to try again. All other vehicles made it over with perfect momentum Thelast vehicle went-a little two and was stuck and we practiced recovery again.After that I think there was only once more stuck during the trip were one-driver went slightly off track and got stuck-in a very small bowl. We were on our way back so recovered them quickly. From Nagara we headed back to make-sure we-made it-out by the-scheduled departure time.Everything went very well, and my support did a god-job-with tethe group. -There was supposedly one instance where a driver had a second try They did-not back straight down and did a turn on the slope as they were backing down. I didn't-see this, but the driver was warned that this is not the appropriate way to back down the-dune by the support team.
Last edited by petro on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cannonball
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Swehan Newbie #2 24 January

Post by Cannonball »

Nice trip,

For most newbies it was the first time driving on wet Sand and I think everybody could learn something new that say.

Thanks Kevin for leading, I had a lot of fun
Chris

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

---
Jeep JK 2016

Redbeard
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Redbeard »

Great trip, despite a bit of rain. Good route with some nice variation and no damage to any vehicles.

Decent amount of traffic in the dunes that day, but nothing that got in our way.

Thanks Kevin and Chris for letting me ride along in your Jeep and FJ, and Mihir for letting me try your Xterra. Had a blast!

Matts
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Matts »

Awesome drive. Thanks Kevin, Chris, Ajesh and everybody. Looking forward to the next drive. 👍🏼👏🏽👌

Ajesh
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ajesh »

20200124_110439.jpg
Good track which progressed in difficulty with an adequate amount of challenges for the new drivers.

The drivers did well and made the job of support very easy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Ajesh
R50 Pathy

mihir6066
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mihir6066 »

Redbeard wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:19 pm
Great trip, despite a bit of rain. Good route with some nice variation and no damage to any vehicles.

Decent amount of traffic in the dunes that day, but nothing that got in our way.

Thanks Kevin and Chris for letting me ride along in your Jeep and FJ, and Mihir for letting me try your Xterra. Had a blast!
You are welcome.