TRIP REPORT - ANIT / Newbies RAIN DANCE trip

All reports about trips and events
scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

TRIP REPORT - ANIT / Newbies RAIN DANCE trip

Post by scotchyl »

All met on time, with only one cancellation in advance. We had the ANIT briefing at the Wedding Hall then headed to Gate 14 for deflation. We had a range of experience from first timers to more experienced newbies so we tried to set a track to cater to all tastes and skills.

Lead - Scotchyl
Second Lead - Kharadly
Sweep - PearlyGates59
Great drivers

Medhat
mihir6066
bisharbn
Razvan
Ramadan
Lucianevirensjo

The sand was super hard and a very deep crust so we took our time on the opening dunes and had a couple of descents to get used to the slippy sand conditions. After clearing the power lines and all going well, we upped the level a bit and head into the higher dunes en-route to Nagra. Breakfast of watermelon and chit-chat was curtailed by the cold and strong winds so we viewed Nagra and played on the way back. time was on our side so we headed into the wider and faster dunes towards gate 13 where we had a fantastic demonstration of a self recovery.

time became pressing and whilst we were having fun, we did need to leave the sand for home.

Thank you all for attending, the support of PearlyGates59 and Kharadly was brilliant and kept everyone safe and i hope everyone enjoyed the trip.

i encourage you all to write something about the morning out, feedback is always apprecaited, whatever it may be.
Last edited by scotchyl on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Kharadly
Advanced
Advanced

Re: ANIT / Newbies RAIN DANCE trip

Post by Kharadly »

Thanks Andrew, the trip was great, the weather during the drive was wonderful.

Drivers did wonderful following your detailed instructions and attention to safety.

Always a pleasure driving with you.

Razvan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Razvan »

Thanks Scotchyl and the rest of AD4x4 team for leading this drive, for sharing the know-how and for your effort in general. At least I had a really good time and felt very safe throughout the drive.
I hope to meet you guys again soon for other fun drives. Hopefully I will be able to get my drive log.

Cheers to everyone!

mihir6066
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mihir6066 »

Thank you Marshall Scotchyl, it was very nice to be with you and had a great trip. Often we don’t see this much cold weather in UAE so it was different experience which I suppose all had enjoyed :) :)

Ramadan

Post by Ramadan »

Many thanks Andrew and team for the trip, it was very informative and I learned lots of stuff, specifically about saftey. What makes this trip special is the weather, driving under rain and the nice members.

Looking forward to drive with you, with new challenges and lessons.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Re: TRIP REPORT - ANIT / Newbies RAIN DANCE trip

Post by Bulldozer »

Andy its bad to miss this trip, i couldn't resist Liwa
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded