Liwa Advance Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Francis
Marshal
Marshal

Liwa Advance Trip Report

Post by Francis »

Trip Date: 13/12/2019

Me and Sahil reached Moreeb on Thursday evening and camped there. Next day Ajesh and Kevin arrived at 10am and we started the drive at 10:30am.

Sahil took the lead until the border taking a nice route with some big bowls and dunes on the way and arrived at 1:30pm for lunch break and about 2pm I took the lead heading north and we arrived rodoum at 5pm.

Total distance covered 110km

Convoy was smooth and fast paced.

Thank you Ajesh and Kevin for joining.
Francis
Ford F-150

Its not about the car, its about the Driver!

RED F150 AKA "The Beast"

Ajesh
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Liwa Advance Trip Report

Post by Ajesh »

It was another great Liwa adventure and thanks to the marshal for extending the trip start time to 10 am which meant I could get some precious sleep time in.

Great lead Sahil .I particularly enjoyed the natural lines that you took .The track was always demanding but still safe for us to progress confidently.The transition from bowl to bowl was smooth and enjoyable and loved how we managed to stay on top of the dunes consistently.

Looking forward to more of your leads.

Thanks to Francis and Kevin too for a day well spent.
-
Ajesh
R50 Pathy

petro
Marshal
Marshal

Post by petro »

It was a fun trip in Liwa. Sahil took theb lead for the first part of the trip. It started off slowly with some easier driving and we progressed to more advanced driving. I looked how Sahil's tracks had a nice flow to them. Francis lead the second half of the trip and it was a more aggressive trip with lots of roaring from the beast.

I haven't driven for a while and I feel like I gained a lot of experience in this trip. I was a little annoyed when we took routes that I could not make, and it took a while to change the route while I senselessly beat my FJ trying to follow the track of a more powerful truck.

Sahil Trehan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sahil Trehan »

Thanks for sharing this guys, it was a pleasure to drive with you all and hopefully see you soon on the next trip
Sahil Trehan

Plus Est En Vous....