Short Notice trip report

All reports about trips and events
MissoBisho
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Short Notice trip report

Post by MissoBisho »

Wow!! Impressed with the number of people who registered last minute. Wasn't expecting that! Way to go off-roaders πŸ˜‰. We all met in sweihan wedding hall at 2:15 pm and moved as one convoy to the deflation point. All registrants showed up on time except Sultan who couldn't make it.

Support team:
Adiga
Khaled (Pharaoh)
Karam
Petro
Kamran
Jobara
Pshasha

Drivers:
Enzo
M. Kassabz

We headed towards the deflation point where were we prepared the cars and had our safety briefing. Bisho conducted the briefing explaining the main safety issues and AD4X4 rules. We started driving and bit by bit increasing the pace. We had one stuck and a couple of second tries. However, all the drivers did really well. Trip was part led by Bisho and part led by myself. Convoy was set having kamran as a second lead and Pshasha-Adiga as the official sweeper. Thank you both for doing a great job. Special thanks to the support team for their great efforts. We finished our trip by sunset and some of us stayed for BBQ while others had to leave directly.

Hope you enjoyed the trip.
See you soon in the dunes.

Missobisho
Bisho

bisho
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: Short Notice trip report

Post by bisho »

Thanks all for the great day

kassabz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kassabz »

Since I had work to go to I had lost hope to join any drives so I didn't check thursday night. Then a turn around happened and I thought "it couldn't have been any better!!"
I didn't think that you'd still make it a newbie drive because there were no newbies, but Im grateful.

The drive was fun I really enjoyed it (though i hoped for a bit more difficulty haha, i am still grateful i got to go on the sand!)

Thanks again for the drive and see you soon. Lets do more of those many supports and less newbies [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Enzutti
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Enzutti »

Thanks Bisho, Misso and all the support marshals for organizing & assisting this trip, (also thanks for maintaining it at the level of a newbie trip despite being mostly advanced offroaders!)
I had 2 passengers in my pajero and they all enjoyed the run (Maria in particular, she is dubizzling for her future, first 4x4 car since the end of the sortieπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)

I believe that the difficulty was fully affordable for a newbie as i am, my stuck was just a silly mistake wich i could had avoided...
I felt confortable in the drive in all the trip.
The hardest parts were probably the steep dives, but taking them with patience we had plenty of time to learn how to pass them in safety. Also You all gave some de-briefing at any stop, adjusting my driving style and giving hints.

To be honest, when you asked if we could "go harder" and we (of course πŸ˜‚πŸ’ͺ ) sayd "yes", i was prepared to something even harder than what we finally did. But that's only my feedback, absolutely not a complain! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

We really enjoyed it!
The "last minute" formula made all of this even more special...by chance i could fill my afternoon exactly when i had no hope on that!

Thanks again!
Enzo (+Maria & Christian)

MissoBisho
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by MissoBisho »

Enzutti wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Thanks Bisho, Misso and all the support marshals for organizing & assisting this trip, (also thanks for maintaining it at the level of a newbie trip despite being mostly advanced offroaders!)
I had 2 passengers in my pajero and they all enjoyed the run (Maria in particular, she is dubizzling for her future, first 4x4 car since the end of the sortieπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)

I believe that the difficulty was fully affordable for a newbie as i am, my stuck was just a silly mistake wich i could had avoided...
I felt confortable in the drive in all the trip.
The hardest parts were probably the steep dives, but taking them with patience we had plenty of time to learn how to pass them in safety. Also You all gave some de-briefing at any stop, adjusting my driving style and giving hints.

To be honest, when you asked if we could "go harder" and we (of course πŸ˜‚πŸ’ͺ ) sayd "yes", i was prepared to something even harder than what we finally did. But that's only my feedback, absolutely not a complain! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

We really enjoyed it!
The "last minute" formula made all of this even more special...by chance i could fill my afternoon exactly when i had no hope on that!

Thanks again!
Enzo (+Maria & Christian)
So glad you guys enjoyed, especially your passengers and our future female MarshalπŸ’ͺ let her finalize her purchase before the end of the season πŸ˜‰
See you soon in the dunes (all driving not just passengersπŸ˜‰)

MissoBisho
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by MissoBisho »

kassabz wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:44 pm
Since I had work to go to I had lost hope to join any drives so I didn't check thursday night. Then a turn around happened and I thought "it couldn't have been any better!!"
I didn't think that you'd still make it a newbie drive because there were no newbies, but Im grateful.

The drive was fun I really enjoyed it (though i hoped for a bit more difficulty haha, i am still grateful i got to go on the sand!)

Thanks again for the drive and see you soon. Lets do more of those many supports and less newbies [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Glad you enjoyed πŸ˜‰ very soon you will be enjoying the new level.