TRIP REPORT - ANIT/Newbie PHARAOH Style

All reports about trips and events
PHARAOH
Management
Management

TRIP REPORT - ANIT/Newbie PHARAOH Style

Post by PHARAOH »

Trip Date: 15.11.2019

What a wonderful afternoon, amazing weather, clear sky and lots of smiling faces :D . All met at AD4x4 BBQ point on time for deflation.

Convoy of 11 cars as follows:

Lead Marshal: PHARAOH*****
Support Marshal: Adiga******

Support Team:
****irfpk (Official Sweeper)
****Kamran143 (2nd Lead)

Newbies/ANIT:
Nemo
Ali Akbar
dahdooh
yasir192
Laura B
benguela
Tarikyamani

With everyone deflated & flags are on, Marshal Adiga (Club Safety Manager) did the ANIT/Safety briefing, while I did the trip briefing and set the convoy. Then we went into the sand playing on the small dues in a slow pace so all the new drivers would get familiar with their cars driving on the sand, then increase the pace one notch up as all were comfortable and handling well and went cursing between larger dunes. Due to the hard sand after the rain we had only two stucks that were easily recovered (one of them was recovered using only our hand to push the car on the crest, I love this recovery technique ;) ) .

We reached the back side of Al Nugrah where we parked on an elevated top to witness the sun set. Then we drove our way back towards AD4x4 BBQ point, on the way I got a tire puncher. Thanks for the Team work, it was replaced in 5 minutes.

Trip ended at 6:15 pm, then we everyone gathered at the BBQ point where we met the intermediate convoy and all sat as one big family chatting and having a BBQ. Some left after one hour, while others stayed till mid-night :coool:

Everyone did well. Thank you all for joining the trip, it was nice meeting everyone.

Thanks Kamran143 for being a solid second lead and irfpk for always keeping me informed of what’s going on at the back of the convoy.

Special thanks to Marshal Adiga for looking after the convoy.

See you all soon on the dunes :ad4x4:
Khaled Hassan
+971 52 677 3115
pharaoh@ad4x4.com

Proud AD 4X4 Marshal
Proud Jeeper
YJ 1995
TJ 1999
XJ 2000
KK 2008
JKU 2016

'Once you get into the desert, there's no going back. And, when you can't go back, you have to worry only about the best way of moving forward. The rest is up to Allah.'

irfpk
Marshal
Marshal

Re: TRIP REPORT - ANIT/Newbie PHARAOH Style

Post by irfpk »

Thanks Marshal Khaled for organizing a wonderful afternoon trip. Enjoyed environment and drive with great company. Sweihan track is always challenging for newcomers and Newbies but i have no hesitation in saying that all drivers drove very well throughout the trip and followed track and instructions as observed from rear of convoy. Trip photographs are posted on club facebook page. Hope to see you all in future trips.