Marshal
Marshal

Friday Newbie Drive in Bu Tais

Post by tompa-bjorka »

Lead: tompa-bjorka

Support: loefflmj1 (Expert)

Intermediate: PeggyPJ1

Newbies: Calvink888, dahdooh, Webscare, GEOFF101, kassabz, Ali Akbar

We met at the Bu Tais gate where we deflated and held the briefing. At around 7:45 AM, the convoy took off along the catch and reach the Trip drive area around 8 AM. Loefflmj was my second lead and was of great help choosing alternative tracks and aiding the convoy over tricky crests, thank you! Dahdooh acted as sweeper and kept convoy under close watch from the back, good communication.

So we started out nice with the waypoint set for the oasis with the trees. After some time stepped up the level a bit and we tried both bigger climbs and some steep descents, which all managed really well. Without any issues, we reached the Oasis and has a break. Then decided to continue the trip in East direction to get out on the Sabkha latest by 11 AM to end the trip. The rest of the trip went well except that I managed to run over a bush and get a puncture… Not a single recovery was needed during the entire trip, this is very unusual, especially as the level was rather high for Newbie trip, shows that the drivers were confident.

PeggyPJ1 – I think you are the most dedicated AD4x4 driver, traveling from Oman for the desert drives with the club.
Ali Akbar – this was only your second desert trip, very well done, good controls. And nice car
Kassabz – Incredibly impressed that you managed to get through most of the trip with tire pressure about 20 psi :)
GEOFF101 – very stable control of the nice FJ
Webscare – Very well done, and such nice old model Patrol 1988
Dahdooh – Sweeper, well done. Good communication and coaching from the back
Calvink888 – Very stable drive, good control
Looking forward to the next time.

Thomas