REPORT: Advance in Khazna 1st Nov 2019

All reports about trips and events
shaalan
Marshal
Marshal

REPORT: Advance in Khazna 1st Nov 2019

Post by shaalan »

On 1st Nov 2019, all gathered at Khatim Gas station as planned at 2:00 p.m. we move on time to deflation point in Khazna. Quick Safety Briefing given and organized the convoy order as follows:

Lead:
Shaalan – Marshal
Support:
Mark – Expert (second lead)
Petro – Expert (Sweeper)
Advance Drivers:
Ajesh
Ramit
Serkan
We started the drive and targeted the easy dunes and side cresting to warm up in the first 5 minutes. The level was then increased a little to side crest the bigger size dunes with safe entry. I was trying to focus the drive on side cresting to give a better chance to master this important skill.

We took few breaks to allow rest and feedback on the level. The drive was smooth with couple of stocks and second tries. In the last 45 mins of the trip, Serkan reported that his passengers riding in the back seat were not feeling well and so we decided to lower the level and have smoother and longer turns.
During this time, I have also experience issues with my power steering pump causing hard steering control. We enjoyed safer and smoother drive till end of the trip.
At about 5:30, Petro, Ramit and Serkan wanted to take the Sabkha area through the farms side of Khazna driving towards sweihan to shorten the distance to Dubai. We have jointly driven to the sabkha area where Petro led the team to sweihan.
Myself, Mark and Ajesh went back to deflation point.
All advance drivers demonstrated great control and confidence.
Thank you Mark and Petro for the great support and hope to meet you all soon in future drives.
Last edited by shaalan on Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaalan
JK / 050-6412267

Cannonball
Advanced
Advanced

Re: REPORT: Advance in Khazna 1st Nov 2019

Post by Cannonball »

Hi Shaalan,

I enjoyed the drive a lot. Hope the power steering will be an easy fix. Always a pleasure driving with rest of the group.

Cu soon
Chris

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

---
Jeep JK 2016

shaalan
Marshal
Marshal

Post by shaalan »

Hi Ramit, I have enjoyed driving with you. You have great driving skills,,, we need to see you taking lead and support our trips.
Shaalan
JK / 050-6412267

loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

Post by loefflmj1 »

Shaalan,
Great aggressive but safe track. Advance+, Thank you for your lead and imparting your knowledge. Good chats and company. Good luck with steering. My tire leak fixed. Everybody did really well. Look forward to another opportunity.
Mark

Ajesh
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ajesh »

Thnx Shaalan for a nice track.It was challenging while safe.My second drive following you and thoughly enjoyed the learning.till next time.
-
Ajesh
R50 Pathy

shaalan
Marshal
Marshal

Post by shaalan »

Thank you all for the positive feedback.
See you soon
Shaalan
JK / 050-6412267