Marshal

Advance Pink Day Drive

Post by loefflmj1 »

Trip: Pink Day Advance Drive
Marshal Support: Thomas and Francis

Lead: Mark Loeffler
Expert Support: Rene
Advance Drivers: Christian, Bhavesh, Isham, Ajesh

Awesome Advanced support for AD4x4 Pink Day to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We all met on time with the other groups at the wedding hall in Sweihan. After a few quick hellos, we got underway and deflated at Gate 12 south of the farm. Francis met us there with his new LSD ready to roll (the transmission-related type that is). I led the convoy into the dunes after the safety brief and radio check with Rene second lead, followed by Ajesh, Thomas, Bhavesh, Christian and Sweeper Isham.

For the most part, we kept it fairly tame, some great small to medium side-cresting with fun side slopes in between. I personally love that area. We kept moving east, had a couple of stucks including your truly and yes believe it or not Francis as well. We all made it to some of the larger twin peak dunes and bowls in that area and played around safely. Christian is still getting used to his suspension upgrades. Rene doesn’t want to be left behind so he can’t wait to do the same next weekend, can you say #RadFlow Stage: Maximum Fun. Isham was also in the testing out mode with his lesser-used 4-door black stallion. Bhavesh poked along and was just glad to be there after finally finding his Jeep keys hidden by his wife. Ajesh was solid and we admire his dashboard tech gadgetry. Marshal Tompa-Bjorka is still breaking in his new ride but today discovered someone put a lion in his engine as he roared up dunes with new found sounds and power. #FJenvy

Sadly we had to wind down and head back in to BBq point. For those of us who lingered into the evening were treated to Chef Falcon’s tasty Jordanian dinner, little did we know he can slice and dice not only dunes but vegetables as well. Thank you Thomas and Francis for your support. Thanks everyone for a real enjoyable and safe drive.

Mark Loeffler

tompa-bjorka
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Advance Pink Day Drive

Post by tompa-bjorka »

Great day, great lead Mark. Good to be back in the dunes again [emoji106] .
Unfortunately could not stay for the BBQ as we had guests waiting back home.

And thanks to Maissa to taking the initiative to arrange the Pink Drive. It was good to see so many drivers out there in the different levels.

/Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajesh
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ajesh »

Nice lead Mark.The track was well paced and flowing which was great. Enjoyed both your lead and Francis's cameo. Thomas's drive up Ronin's hill from the reverse side reassured that the FJ is built to go trouble free to places farther and in this case steep uphills.

Till next time.
-
Ajesh
R50 Pathy

MissoBisho
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by MissoBisho »

tompa-bjorka wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:57 am
Great day, great lead Mark. Good to be back in the dunes again [emoji106] .
Unfortunately could not stay for the BBQ as we had guests waiting back home.

And thanks to Maissa to taking the initiative to arrange the Pink Drive. It was good to see so many drivers out there in the different levels.

/Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pleasure, it was a nice come back after summer and so glad many drivers made it. I really appreciate your suggestions and support.

P. S: Mark, seems we missed a lot of fun. Next time with you in ADV.

The Baron
Explorer
Explorer

Post by The Baron »

Great day and nice smooth track, with the occasional fast pace - really enjoyed the drive.

And how great to see Francis back in the sand - missed the beast (and having to recover him, when he gets stuck :-).

Thanks for organizing and leading Mark and thanks to Francis and Thomas for the support.