REPORT: 9 Oct Sunset Drive in Bu Tais

All reports about trips and events
Flaghunter
Marshal
Marshal

REPORT: 9 Oct Sunset Drive in Bu Tais

Post by Flaghunter »

Everybody met more or less on time (15:30) at the Bu Tais gate. Since we had quite a few ANITs, we took good 15 minutes to the briefing. Then headed South past the sabkha and into the dunes, after removing a few bumpers.

Convoy order:
- Michal (Flaghunter) - Lead
- Alexander (Alexanderlea) - Second Lead
- Bader (baderahram)
- Frazer (Pjro2019)
- Kamran
- Shurrab (kassabz)
- Michael (Eliza Walsh)
- Isham (isham66) - Sweeper
- Mark (loefflmj1) watching the convoy from all sides

We had a nice chilled drive with a few second tries and one or two stucks that required a snach recovery. All drivers did well in the challenging terrain and in between the high dunes of Bu Tais, practicing straight cresting and relatively steep descents.

After taking some photos of the beautiful sunset, we slowly headed back to the sabhka and we were out of the dunes inflating by about 18:30.

Thanks so much Mark, Isham, Kamran, and Alexander for your support.
Flaghunter, Wrangler TJ 2005, 0544727447

kassabz
Advanced
Advanced

Re: REPORT: 9 Oct Sunset Drive in Bu Tais

Post by kassabz »

Reached deflation point around 15:30 PM. Marshal @flaghunter and one more driver had beaten me to it.
within the next 15 minutes everybody had reached and started deflating. I was happy to see I was not the only pajero there :lol: .

done the briefing and we headed out on the catch road before hitting the sand. quick fun drive on that road.

it was my first time in Bu Tais, so I didn't know much about the terrain. steep descents, fun climbs. for an ANIT drive it was super fun.

after a couple of stucks, and high climbs we took a break in a nice bowl. sun was behind the dunes, nice wind breezed, we talked, had a good laugh and then drove to find a vantage point to take nice pictures with the sunset.

it saddened me that it felt very quick. my first drive in the area, first time with the club, super fun. looking forward for more :D :D

thanks to marshal Flaghunter for a fun ride, Mark for amazing floating/sweeping, and Isham.

loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

Re: REPORT: 9 Oct Sunset Drive in Bu Tais

Post by loefflmj1 »

That was a pretty cool trip. Thank you Michal. This was the first time I got to “float” around. I’m sitting at the big table now, no more kids table for me. I don’t think I’ve been on a newbie trip in a while. It was nice to be there, how could I not get to work at 6am to get out by 2:30 to enable me to enjoy the dunes on a work day. Haha. Very capable drivers out there still learning those vehicles of theirs and how different it is to drive in sand but really nice to meet everyone and chat. Good low key interesting trip. Great lead and great sweeper Isham.
Mark