ADVANCE: LEAD&SWEEP TRIP

All reports about trips and events
FidoDido
Marshal
Marshal

ADVANCE: LEAD&SWEEP TRIP

Post by FidoDido »

We all met at the deflation point at 7:30am.

I have given the briefing and mission was given to the team.

And my part was finished

Each driver will post his report as continue of this post.
Amr - JKU - 0502001035

Cannonball
Advanced
Advanced

Re: ADVANCE: LEAD&SWEEP TRIP

Post by Cannonball »

I lead the 3rd and the 7th trip of the day.

The first one was an intermediate trip. My second lead was Isham, my Sweeper Kamran.

I personally found it difficult to find the right dunes, buy did my best to keep speed and track interesting. At the end before reaching the destination, Kamran our sweeper got stuck in a quite tricky soft sand spot. After a short discussion, Rene was able to recover him. The rest of the ride was uneventful.

The second trip was a newbie trip. My second lead was Isham, sweeper was Rene. I tried to find a combination of descent crests and straight to the point drive. With this in mind we were way to early at the destination... Other than that the trip was smooth and uneventful.

I would like to thank everybody for this day as I learned a lot and had plenty of fun.

Chris

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

---
Jeep JK 2016

The Baron
Explorer
Explorer

Post by The Baron »

Thanks to FidoDido for organising the trip - it was a really good introduction into leading and supporting trips.

First Lead, Point #4
Level, Newbie

Took over the lead from Chris and gave a quick briefing to the team, covering safety and principles of straight cresting. Started by leading the convoy down a blind spot, awfully close to a fence with bar wire, and had to turn around. Had a stuck on the crest of a steep dune, which took time to recover, and had to change the track. The final section was through a very technical section, but all drivers did great and no further stuck.

Second Lead, Point #8
Level, Intermediate

Took over the Lead from Chris (again) and gave a very quick update that we would do an Intermediate+ level, now all drivers had done 4 Newbee and 3 Intermediate trips :-). I set a fairly fast pace, side cresting between the dunes and covered the last 4km without any stops or stucks, and lead the convoy up the BBQ point where the trip finished.

All drivers did great and all made it home safe and had a fun morning.

This was a great introduction to leading trips and I personally learned a lot!

Kamran143
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Kamran143 »

I really appreciate and thanks to Mr. FidoDido to arrange a wonderful lead and sweep trip with lots of useful tips and instructions.

I took 2nd way poing as newly intermediate and 6th way point as newbie trip. In 1st trip I chose Chris as my 2nd lead and Rene as my sweeper. After short briefing about safety, side sloping and straight cresting I started my trip with some side sloping and couple of normal dunes straight cresting. During the trip try to watch the drivers performance and gave once again small briefing about side sloping and continued to destination.

in my 2nd trip as newbie i chose Chris as 2nd lead and Esham as sweeper. In this trip I got 10 minutes time to reach at my destination. I chose easy track but finish my time 500 meter earlier than my destination. All drivers performed very well and give good support to each other in the trips.

It was great experience to lead and sweep the trip under the supervision of the one of great marshal Mr. FidoDido. I learned lots of new thing and got more confidence which i never experience before. Thanks to all my trip mats for there kind support.

Hope we will continue as good team in future too.

Thanks to all.
Kamran

isham66
Marshal
Marshal

Post by isham66 »

Thank you Amr for this wonderful trip, learnt a lot today.

I lead the 1st and 5th part of the trip.

In the first part, My task was to drive in an easy newbie track to allow my newbie driver (FidoDido) to feel comfortable with his car to gradually move on to a higher level of driving. During my lead, I got stuck while straight cresting but we managed to do a quick recovery and finish of the drive in the 20 min time slot.
My 2nd task was to lead an intermediate drive near nagra. We kept the momentum up and done side sloping and a few big dunes before we all parked up in front of nagra.
Thank you to those who were my second lead and sweep in today’s trips, Chris Renee and Kamran.

It was a good drive full of learning, thank you once again Amr. Hoping to see you all soon.