TRIP REPORT INTERMEDIATE NIGHT DRIVE 25/4

All reports about trips and events
tompa-bjorka
Marshal
Marshal

TRIP REPORT INTERMEDIATE NIGHT DRIVE 25/4

Post by tompa-bjorka »

Participants:

Marshals: tompa-bjorka (Thomas), Flaghunter (Michal)
Advance: loefflmj1 (Mark), petro (Kevin)
Intermediate: Sbahi (Ahmad), hadipn (Hadi), Abdallatif (Abdallatif)

7 drivers met at deflation point 7:15PM south of Sweihan “big farm”. After briefing, I set the convoy , petro as 2nd lead and Flaghunter as sweeper. Sbahi, hadipn and abdalltif in between. Loefflmj1 was still in Mussafah getting LEDs mounted on his FJ, but he joined a bit later (dedication).

Flaghunter just killed his number 1 desert car (Jeep) last week, so now he took desert car number 2 (Toyota). Desert car number 2 started to make very worrying signs after few minutes of the drive so he decided to abort and take it back to Abu Dhabi right away. Rest of us continued through the Sweihan night, practicing side sloping and some straight crests, no issues at all, and around 10:30 PM we safely reached to the Sweihan BBQ point where trip ended. Intermediate driver all did really well. Thanks for support by petro and loefflmj1.

See you in coming night drives, there will be more as weather becomes hotter (and I get more lights installed on my FJ…)

/Thomas (tompa-bjorka)

Hadi77
Marshal
Marshal

Re: TRIP REPORT INTERMEDIATE NIGHT DRIVE 25/4

Post by Hadi77 »

Thank you for the positive feedback Thomas, was nice driving with you and looking forward to your upcoming drives.
‘If you don’t have the mentality to learn every time you step foot into the desert, it could become a dangerous place’ - Hadz

YOUNGEST MARSHAL IN AD4x4

Hadz

loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

Re: TRIP REPORT INTERMEDIATE NIGHT DRIVE 25/4

Post by loefflmj1 »

Thomas - Thanks for letting me catch up after my delay in light installation, but I HAD TO try them out! Let's just say I am happy. Look forward to seeing your new lights as well out there. Had lots of fun.