Report: Cruising Bu Tais Flaghunter Style (Fri 5/4 AM INT)

All reports about trips and events
Flaghunter
Marshal
Marshal

Report: Cruising Bu Tais Flaghunter Style (Fri 5/4 AM INT)

Post by Flaghunter »

Everybody met on time by the Bu Tais gate on a beautiful Friday morning. After a briefing, we set up the convoy led by Michal (Flaghunter), Mark (loefflmj1) as Second Lead and Rene (The Baron) as my favorite sweeper, with the following able intermediates and advanced in between: Brian (youngamerican), Kamran (Kamran143), Ajesh (Billet), Christian (RedBaron), and Rob (Mr Magoo).

We headed South on the Bu Tais path across the first sabkah, then turning East towards Bu Tais Tree dune. Along the way, we practiced side-sloping on medium and high dunes. The drive was pleasantly uneventful, all drivers did very well and cars behaved.

Towards the very end as we were heading back to the gate, Michal's power steering went after a pretty ordinary stuck (first of the day!) in some very soft sand. Shortly after, we had to practice a pop-out fixing on Mark's car, which was done in record time thanks to everyone's help.

We managed to reach the inflation point at around 12:30, just enough time for some to catch the Friday prayer in Khatim. Overall very relaxed and fun trip, thank you everybody for joining and special thanks to Mark and Rene for your support.
Flaghunter, Wrangler TJ 2005, 0544727447

loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Report: Cruising Bu Tais Flaghunter Style (Fri 5/4 AM INT)

Post by loefflmj1 »

Thank you Michal for a great safe trip! You made second lead easy. Good ride, good company. Thanks folks for helping with my popout and Im glad we fixed it instead of replacing with spare.
Mark

Cannonball
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Report: Cruising Bu Tais Flaghunter Style (Fri 5/4 AM INT)

Post by Cannonball »

Thanks Michael for the fun trip. I enjoyed seeing a second V8 side sloping ;)

Chris
---
Jeep JK 2016