Trip Report Sweihan by Night 01 April

All reports about trips and events
tompa-bjorka
Marshal
Marshal

Trip Report Sweihan by Night 01 April

Post by tompa-bjorka »

Although this was April 1 Fools Day, this drive was certainly not a joke, 5 drivers met up at Sweihan BBQ point 7:30 PM for an Advance Night drive. Amr (Fido Dido), could not make it due to work commitments. Drivers were:

Marshals: tompa-bjorka (Thomas)
Advance: petro (Kevin), Billet (Ajesh), dsalas (David), loefflmj1 (Mark)

During deflating, one of drivers managed to pop out the entire tire valve so we had to start with changing to spare wheel :). Once done I held a short brief and set up the convoy with Ajesh as 2nd lead and David as sweeper. I started off the drive and soon visited a ditch with the result that my car front bumper now has less parts than beforeā€¦but the FJ is strong so no problem to go on.

The convoy made good pace through the night towards Nagra, taking side slopes and some crests, all drivers managed really well. At Nagra we made a longer break and had nice view of the nights sky. After break, we headed back towards BBQ point through the bigger dunes. On way back, we had a few stucks and got to practice some advance recoveries, especially on my car completely stuck, hanging in the air in a ditch. But also this we managed with easy and sometime after 11 PM we were all back safe at the inflation point.

This was an interesting drive where I think everybody learned some new skills. All did really well and looking forward to coming night drives this summer, hopefully with more lights mounted....

Ttrip stats can be found at following link:
https://www.wikiloc.com/offroading-trai ... h-34805349
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ajesh
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Trip Report Sweihan by Night 01 April

Post by Ajesh »

It was a nice time out in the desert. The summer is surely upon us with the desert still above 30 deg in the night. The Marshal chose a safe track with enough side cresting opportunities to practice. All the drivers did great.
-
Ajesh
R50 Pathy

loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

Post by loefflmj1 »

Thank you Thomas for another safe and fun night drive. A light upgrade is def forthcoming. Several learning opportunities appeared that evening. Thanks Ajesh for your second lead and David for his sweeping skills. Thanks David for your advice during recoveries. Thanks Kevin for lighting up the sky for my light challenged vehicle. No fools this April evening.
Mark

petro
Marshal
Marshal

Post by petro »

Great trip Thomas! Thanks for doing this midweek so we didn't have to wait for the weekend to ride šŸ˜