Report: GPS HUNT Vol 8.0 Event

All reports about trips and events
Bhav
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Report: GPS HUNT Vol 8.0 Event

Post by Bhav »

GPS Hunt V8 Team 1 Trip Report

Team 1 was made up of Hazem (Newbie), Omer (Newbie), Abdul Qadir (supporting Marshal) and myself as the lead. Omer was accompanied with his co-pilot, Mohammed.

We gathered at the ADNOC Station up the road and made our way to the Basecamp in a convoy. After the main briefing on the hunt, we quickly loaded up our GPSs, made the trip plan and allocated duties for each of us, including Mohammed.

We had a safety briefing over the radio just before we left. We then turned right out of Basecamp and headed towards our first point.

Both Hazem and Omer were on their 2nd newbie drives. I therefore had to cut a safe track to ensure we had a smooth drive. Despite my best efforts, we had a few stucks (I think I had the most of them) and 2nd tries. The track was challenging in certain places, giving a taste to our Newbies on what they will master over time. The best news is that we all made it to every point and returned safely in good time. Well done to Hazem and Omer!

Thank you to Amr and the whole GPS Hunt team who set up this fantastic event. Thank you also to Abdul Qadir for providing Marshal support and constant encouragement to our Newbies.

Bhavesh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.