Trip Report Absolute Newbie Instruction 29-12-2007

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Trip Report Absolute Newbie Instruction 29-12-2007

Post by Uristier »

Here we are all back safe & sound. Everybody showed up ON TIME and we left ADNOC AD airport sharp at 12.15 :bravo: :bravo: heading for Sweihan petrol station to meet our sweeper Khalid. After the coloured boxes topped up some petrol we went to the deflation point.

A short introduction to AD4x4 off road driving and off road basics :driving: we hit the sand on an easy route. Some stucks were part of the Newbie training and experience but thanks Khalid, Jax and Iguna we managed to reach the playground area for exploring the sand or a ride with Iguana (not to scare them). We continued surfing through the dunes to reach the bbq area before sunset. Our “Burger King” Khalid prepared some delicious burgers and hot dogs and we all enjoyed a nice bbq with lots of jokes, laugh and sharing the sand experience.

It was great meeting our new members and newbies aaghazal, goldpatrol, hwzyt, isak1972, jc and Nestor. Thanks to everybody showing up making this trip a good first lead one for me.

ABDELRAHMAN thanks for the cancellation notice

Hope to see you all soon again
Uristier

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Urs,
I,m really pleased this went well for you, and I hope everyone enjoyed it. We will do more through the year with new members, I think it is really beneficial, and hopefully we will get some honest feedback to improve it, onwards and upwards Ad 4x4. :lol:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Thanks Urs for the nice trip ... I really enjoyed it and ofcourse enjoyed playing around as usual ..

We had a lovely company, lovely route and ofcourse, I cannot end my trip before eating Burgers and hot dogs ..

Thanks for every one who joined the trip and see you all in New year
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

Urs my friend , I really wanted to join your trip , to enjoy your nice lead . You know that I work on Saturdays :cry: :cry: :cry: but next one I will not miss it :lol: :lol: .

see you all in New year
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

jc

I have the bug

Post by jc »

Thank you Thank you for a wonderful day, I had an absolute ball so did my wife she cannot stop talking about how friendly everybody was i think she has the bug as well ( Looks like I have find another vehicle ).

Once again Thank you I look forward to seeing those I meet Today and those I hope to meet at LIWA :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jax

Post by Jax »

That was a great trip Urs - thanks for letting me sweep with Khalid and cruise along with Iguana and Sadeq :D

Mega impressed with your 'Absolute Newbie Instruction' booklet, very informative and full of all the things (and more), which are mentioned in briefings. There is a lot of important information to be had when joining the club and this is an ideal point of reference for all club members. Nice one! :okaay:

Our 'newbies' (& passengers) all left the Sweihan Adnoc after reinflating with HUGE :D - it was a pleasure meeting you all and look forward to seeing you all on the doooones soon!

BTW - how are your fingers, Khalid - hope they aren't too painful :? - and thanks again for being tonights chef!

Lady Power
Advanced
Advanced

thx alot

Post by Lady Power »

thx alot for the nice trip it was a wonderful day, i hop to see u all on monday.

agghazal
Intermediate
Intermediate

i acnt express my fealing

Post by agghazal »

After i went back home and started to remember the beatiful time we spend today really i cant find the words which explain my fealings toward all my familly who joined us today ,thank u for all ur effort and to let us addicited to the sand and to taste the adrenaline in our blood :twisted: :twisted: .
Urstier i send u a thankful letter from my heart for leading this trip and give us some of ur experince in off roading.
Iguana ur jokes and ur smile are the sweets of the trip.
Kalid and zaher and all the familly of almakbool ur guys an examples for the pure kindnes ..
isak, nestor,jax , blakchalenge,watheq,jc,golden patrol,hwzet, and to all who joined us ur the the flowers of the desert.
thank u for every thing..
I
No Face No Name No number, But My soul is like the Thunder..

k_almagboul

Post by k_almagboul »

Thanks Urs for the nice trip ... as usual nice to meet new people and friend. Urs thanks for the first Aid

next time NOOOOOOOOO BBQ 4 Me

watheq
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

hi

Post by watheq »

hi guys
thank u urs for a wonderfull day.and as iguana said we cant miss ur trips and thats for real.
thank u all for the nice company.
see u all monday nite.
bye

goldpatrol

Post by goldpatrol »

Thanks Urs and everyone else for a really fantastic day - it was really fun (and scary at times) and I'll definitely be back for more (might get my clutch changed first...).

I'm amazed I managed to get through a whole trip to the desert with out getting stuck!

good to meet you all

Thanks again

Blackchallenge
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Blackchallenge »

Thank you very much Urs for the wonderful trip,the nice instructions you talked about including the small book you gave to our new members. I had one of those books it is really useful for all of us. Welcome all our new members hoping to see you again and again in the next trip :wink:

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

Blackchallenge wrote:Thank you very much Urs for the wonderful trip,the nice instructions you talked about including the small book you gave to our new members. I had one of those books it is really useful for all of us. Welcome all our new members hoping to see you again and again in the next trip :wink:
can I have a copy of that book?
AD4X4
THE CLUB THAT CARES

Jax

Post by Jax »

I think Urs had a couple of spare ones Yehia. They are very useful - it would be great if ALL members had one to refer to :)

Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

Jax wrote:I think Urs had a couple of spare ones Yehia. They are very useful - it would be great if ALL members had one to refer to :)
Well Jax, Urs has " a copy" of the handout in his magic black box (some people call it laptop) :lol: :lol: :lol: