Trip Report Sweihan to Area53 - advanced

All reports about trips and events
khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Trip Report Sweihan to Area53 - advanced

Post by khaiwi »

What a day with tough off-roaders,,,,,,, H3, Batal, Chico, 4 Speed, G-man, Uristier, Bulldozer & Lucknow thank you so much for making this trip another great great trip ....

We started early to reach the deflation point in Sweihan at 10am and took the newbie trip route done two days ago, but were almost flying that the full day trip by the beginners was completed before 12noon (less than two hours)..... had our lunch break in Adnoc Oasis and headed to Al Maha area where we also met a bunch of off-roaders from other club that we know....

Gradually facing bigger dunes and tricky areas till we reached the extreme Area53 where we had to engage the "low gear" and let the engines roar real high wow what a great day....that trip was about 100km in the dunes with no tracks,,,,,

Thats not enough, so me, Batal, Bulldozer and Uristier decided to continue and drive all the way to Al Khatim to meet the other group and join the AD4x4 family eating what was left on the BBQ.....

Simply was another very special day with AD4x4 family to remember.

Pictures plssssssssssssss Uristier and Bulldozer pls email me the jumps and sand showers pictures pls.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

:bravo: Now thats a trip to remember. I can only say Bravo. More pls...
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

Wooouuuw another exciting day with our chief. It’s worthwhile to get out of bed early for joining Khaiwi’s trip. Anyhow I did the first part, driving to Sweihan in a “Hibernation mode”. :verysleepy:

The race started in Sweihan to the petrol station near Al Faqah were we stopped for a quick lunch break. I couldn't touch the camera but had to hold on the steering wheel. :driving:
The second part was slower and I had more time for the beautiful scenery but still little time for pics. Had to fix two pop outs and a leaking air valve. Thanks everyone for the great help.

Thank you Khaiwi for the nice day with great people.

At the end of our trip we rushed to Adiga’s moonlight BBQ. Thanks a loooot for the great hospitality with real hooooot dog’s.

Now I’ve to delete part of my HD memory to clear some space for all AD4x4 memories. :ad4x4:

H3

Post by H3 »

To put it simply an awesome trip, the first part from Sweihan was right up my street, fast, smooth and enjoyable........The second part, felt like I was been thrown around in an industrial grade tumble drier at times. Challenging would be an understatement, but still enjoyable to the max. Small tricky dunes and ditches and then to large dunes and bowls, cresting, ridge riding and all sorts.

Khaiwi, I would just like to say thanks a million for the expert lead on the trip(s, all three!), I would have joined you guys on the BBQ but had to shoot off owing to other commitments. (MOI pass expired at 19:00Hrs :evil: )

And a big hand to everyone else who made it through the trip in a very demanding drive with very few minor incidents.

Well done all :ad4x4: Seasons greetings and :thankyou: for making this holiday a one to remember :D
HOAB Black Sheep Hummer Squadron Arabian Gulf Chapter

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Jump babe jump.....

Post by khaiwi »

Last edited by khaiwi on Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

H3

Post by H3 »

Hehehe, Said even posed for the last photo 8)
HOAB Black Sheep Hummer Squadron Arabian Gulf Chapter

Batal
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Batal »

Another AD 4X4 trip to remember, many thanks Khaiwi for the wonderful day out.

The track was amazing, nice and lovely red dunes with many ares to play around, the drive was very fast and challenging( Khaiwi's style ) with very minimum stops, even we couldn't taste Bulldozer's famous coffee until the late evening and only after we joint Adig's BBQ trip.

It was pleasure to drive with guys and hope to see all again.

Urs, wonderful pictures man, i loved them, the way you captured the flying Wranglers images was really Amazing.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

FAST FWD

Post by Bulldozer »

Chief that was really nice, Yaaaaaaaa I manage to c u couple of times but still allot of Adrenaline pumping the whole trip, Honored to drive with u guys any where any time, Chico its been sometime, the guys who missed the trip u missed allot :lol:, Very nice pics URS, Chief I will e-mail the pics hopefully 2morrow
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

lucknow

Post by lucknow »

This was my first excursion out in the 'new' (for me!) Wrangler - nothing like jumping in at that deep end and going straight into a Khaiwi advanced trip! Wow - what a drive! I can see why the Wrangler is the ride of choice for a lot of people, even if it did feel like I had been in a tumble dryer for the day!

First part of the trip was fast but straight forward - gave me a chance to adjust to driving a manual gearbox and then after lunch things got more interesting with some tricky dunes and some nice side slopping

All in all a great day out with minimal lost time - many thanks to Khaiwi for the interesting track and all the other guys for great company and driving skills.

See you all out on the sand soon - Khaiwi - maybe a two day Liwa trip??

Happy holidays to everyone :D
Please remember to Tread Lightly....take only memories and leave only footprints. http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/home/Home.html

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

lucknow wrote:This was my first excursion out in the 'new' (for me!) Wrangler - nothing like jumping in at that deep end and going straight into a Khaiwi advanced trip! Wow - what a drive! I can see why the Wrangler is the ride of choice for a lot of people, even if it did feel like I had been in a tumble dryer for the day!

First part of the trip was fast but straight forward - gave me a chance to adjust to driving a manual gearbox and then after lunch things got more interesting with some tricky dunes and some nice side slopping

All in all a great day out with minimal lost time - many thanks to Khaiwi for the interesting track and all the other guys for great company and driving skills.

See you all out on the sand soon - Khaiwi - maybe a two day Liwa trip??

Happy holidays to everyone :D
If you attend the new year eve with AD4x4 family at LIWA we will have all sorts of drives.....