Trip Report: Wadi Ghail + Beach at Ziggy or Khour Kalba

All reports about trips and events
Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Trip Report: Wadi Ghail + Beach at Ziggy or Khour Kalba

Post by Jo »

We had a great time !!!

Thank you Mpenzi for scheduling this trip... We started from two locations: Mpenzi lead the Abu Dhabi Gang while Al Sharaan and I pampered the Dubai group (9 cars) what left Dragon Mart on Thursday at 11:00h. Knowing that the AD-Gang decided to go via Hatta Pools we headed directly to Dibba in the hope to be able to cross to Ziggy Beach, spending some time over there and meeting with the AD-group. Guys, we can cancel this for all future trip-plans. This Ziggy Beach is private property and security stopps you from crossing over.... Beeing early than, we decided to carry on to our final destination: The summit of Wadi Beeh hoping to unite with the others while driving.... After a few foto-stops, we reached the summit and decided to prepare our camp in the old stone village ruins. In the meanwhile I got contact to the AD-group and was informed that, due to delays suffered in thr Hatta Pools, they decide to stay overnight in Khor Kalba.... :cry:

Nevertheless, we pitched the tents and started the evening entertainment:
:BBQ: & :guitar: & :hawaiidance:

.. than a surprise!! at 21:00h Mpenzi came, accompanying two cars with friends of Al Sharaan (Thank yo for that man :) ) and he returned to his party at the beach!!!

After a short, cold night we warmed with the light of the sun (the camp was a 1000m altitude!!) and prepared for meeting the others down in Dibba finaly after 12:00h. Together than we explored the beautiful Wadi Ghail (I hope to see all pictures in the Gallery!!!)

Tired but happy we reached home, looking forward to meet all friends again next weekend for another adventure...

Al Sharaan an friends, I salute you with a Jeeeeepnyyyyy (I have no clue how to spell but I am sure you know what I mean :lol: :lol: :lol: )

:hat:
Last edited by Jo on Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

rabside

Post by rabside »

hey jo thanks for the "adventure to the high place"....views were amazing.....ricky got scared on the way down...too high for him, so crawled down the mountain at a snails pace :lol: we arrived back in dubai in time for tea with no problems.....was again nice to meet new friendly faces :) .will meet the rest of gang next time im sure.

see you all soon

rob

KiwaussieChick
Advanced
Advanced

Post by KiwaussieChick »

What can I say? Well, plenty - but that's beside the point! :lol:

After a mountain route through to Hatta we continued with a slooooooowwwww trip through the largest wadi in the UAE (named ????)- which was busier than Sheik Zayed Road!! (you wouldn't believe how many 2wd's, stucks & u-turns were happening on this rocky little road!) - even though there was very little water to come and see... we passed through some amazing mountain villages and broke out onto the East Coast near Kalba - a truly gorgeous seaside spot!

Time was against us though and with barely 45min until sunset we decided to camp the night at the beach there - especially given that a few families were only staying for dinner & then heading off. It turns out this was a smart idea - as Mpenzi later let us know it took him over another 2hrs to get to Wadi B with the other families he took up there! We all enjoyed a wonderful dinner and evening with everybody well kitted out for the occasion & the kids loving the freedom of the beach! Mpenzi got back about 1am - but we'd all recently gone 2 bed - relaxing in the peace of the beach!....zzzzzzzz :sleepy:

The next morning, Tandoori's car was so taken with the beach it decided it didn't want to leave and recovery was called in... this after Tutan had 'limped' back to AD the day before with engine problems... The morning was still ours to enjoy though and we made the most of touring up the east coast through to the Golden Tulip resort just past Dibba - truly scenic and highly recommended for any of you that haven't been!

We hooked up with the Dubai guys at lunch and then Mpenzi led us (there were 11 cars in the group at this point) through to Wadi Ghail - an incredibly pretty spot as the pictures will show! - and we all tried a bit of rock crawling at various points on the track! :woo:

A great couple of days exploring the UAE, Oman & Sharjah - can't wait for the trip next week Jo!

Many thanks to both Mpenzi and Jo for the fantastic locations - and bring on a Wadi B trip any time you're ready - it sounds faaaaaantastic!!! :D

Great 2 meet everyone & of course see those familiar faces too - have a great break if you get one & enjoy the festive season!

8) 8) 8)

PS. Will try & post pics tomorrow...they should be great!
I like life "sunny side up

Which makes AD a great place to be.....!!

Avan

Post by Avan »

A long drive but well worth it. I did this trip with my 2 sons and was a good father / son bonding trip. The camping on the beach was great with good company. The drive through the wadi was most interesting and beautifull. The picture below is a classic. Taken as we were leaving the beach.

Thanks Mpenzi for an unforgettable experiance
Land Rover: if you cant fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

Thank you Mpenzi for the nice trip. :lol: :lol: We enjoyed the trip so much and so did my friends. Special thanks to you man for accompanying the friends of mine late at night giving them the chance to spend some time with us before heading back to AD next day. It was a really very nice surprise, Thank you BROTHER.
:thankyou:

We spent a very nice time and enjoyed a lot. The weather was very nice till the sun decided to go to sleep, :sleepy:
then it started to be cold but nice and had a lot of fun. Children were playing together and moving here and there, chatting, singing, and eating. :BBQ: :guitar: :breakdance: By the way it was my daughter's birthday, she completed 12 years, and we celebrated her birthday in the Stone village "Happy Birthday to you Sara ". Really it was a very cold night . :itscold:
Next day morning we had our breakfast, and taking some “Say Jebnaaaaaaaa" :lol: :lol: and we started cleaning the place and packing everything to start moving to next point.

It was nice to meet the AD group, :lol: :lol: and starting together to explore the beautiful Wadi Ghail which gave us a little body message after a very cold night :4wheeldrive: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I look forward to meet all friends again next weekend for another adventure.

Again

Many thanks to both, Mpenzi and Jo for the fantastic locations. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

AmaroK
Advanced
Advanced

Post by AmaroK »

This was an awesome trip! I loved wadi beeh!!! Beautyfull views and nice company! The stone village was pretty the only scary thing were the goats...I tell u there were watching us...they even climbed on trees and waited there=D They were omani MOATS ( half monkey half goat).

Great company! I will upload the videos later on :wink:

:!:
1997 Purple TJ Manual - 2" OME lift - 15" rims - Cooper Discoverer STT (31x10.5R115) - Bushwacker Pocket Style Fenders

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

a nice mountain trip after long time, camping at the seaside was great and the trip into the wadi was fantastic . It was the second time for me to drive through the same wadi but this time it is a different experience with the Wrangler.
thank you mpenzi, jo and the rest of the group for the nice time.

Mpenzi

Family Day out

Post by Mpenzi »

What can I say more,
The AD group left on tiem 9:30 am heading towards Ray and then across Hatta pools. We started very well and manage to get to the Fence and cross the Oman Army check point well ahead of time.

We stopped for Lunch and kids to strech their eching limbs.

We hit the traffic As KiwaussieChick said all the way from hatta pools and we have to wait and re-group. We lost time.

Sorry for Tatun car as it encourtered some electrical problems and could not continue.
Nasser+ Friends Joined Us as he was arriving from Oman.
Arriving at Kalba around 5:30 and a mojority voted to stay at the beach and not joining Jo at Wadi Bih.

Me and Nasser Took Alsharaan Friends all the way to Wadi Bih and the traffic through Fujaira,Khor fakkan and Dibba delayed us further but surely we got them up there on time for Dinner and the party was just started.

Khalid has problems with his car and we called for the recovery and he could not join us.

In the Morning we met with Dubai Group before we hit Wadi Asimah towards Al Ghail. Very noice scenary and good drive.

OVERALL, Good trip and Would like to Thanks all of you and special for ALMGBOUL Family and it was a FAMILY DAY OUT.

I have added some picture of Wadi Asimah on the Gallery.

Respect.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Avan wrote:A long drive but well worth it. I did this trip with my 2 sons and was a good father / son bonding trip. The camping on the beach was great with good company. The drive through the wadi was most interesting and beautifull. The picture below is a classic. Taken as we were leaving the beach.

Thanks Mpenzi for an unforgettable experiance
That is a classic if you do not deflate on the beach.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

Was good seeing u guys on my way up to Hatta pools ... Glad u enjoyed ur day later on ..
It was a real nightmare as u said Mpenzi :x
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Waypoints/Track of the Trip (Dubai Gang)

Post by Jo »

Hi all,

here you can download the track of the trip and copy it to Google Earth...

http://www.ad4x4.com/gallery2/d/58552-2 ... -21_12_gpx

:hat:
Last edited by Jo on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Tutan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tutan »

Thanks for a great Trip Mpenzi, even though i only managed to do the first day, the drive and company was great.

I retired from the trip at Hatta as i knew my way home from there and concluded that although my car was driveable it wasnt fair on everyone else to keep having to stop at the bottom of the steep hills to make sure i got to the top without increase my revs above 3K and it certainly wasnt safe to overtake cars, i guess there are pro's and cons to having an old car !

However the time i was there i had fun, and it was good to drive on something other than sand, thank you for organising the trip and i hope to do another one in the future.
Previous 4x4's
3' lifted, offset wheeled, LWB Jeep Cherokee XJ (really miss this monster)
Nissan xterra (don't miss this one)

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Nice adventure. If i knew you were camping in Khor Kalba, i would've joind you guys for BBQ as i was in Hilton Fujerah since Thursday noon till this morning :cry: BUT next time ISA :P
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

5option

Many Thanks for Mpenzi , Jo and Sharaan

Post by 5option »

Waw
Thanks Jo :arrow: for your lead all the way, we felt safe like home in each minute we spend it with you. :)
It was unforgettable trip even though we couldn’t make to Ziggi beach. It was very cold (freeze) but because of all the friends who was camping over there they heated us , specially when Mapenzy and Fawqi show up in the night .
Driving through the wadi was something else , my daughters Adouj and Alara will never forget the adventure ..
Many thanks to Sharaan who introduce me to such fantastic group, you will be always one off unforgettable friends

A waiting for your next trip Jo
Say Jibneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

AmaroK
Advanced
Advanced

Post by AmaroK »

here are the promised vids=D

1997 Purple TJ Manual - 2" OME lift - 15" rims - Cooper Discoverer STT (31x10.5R115) - Bushwacker Pocket Style Fenders