Mac Newbie's trip report

All reports about trips and events
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mac Newbie's trip report

Post by Mac »

What a great afternoon. 14 cars met up at BMW & we headed out to Khatim. At the request of some brand new members and visitors I kept this a really simple route, but it was so much fun, just exploring an area in Khatim that I hadn,t been to before, but it was still tricky in parts with broken tree trunks lying in wait over some crests.
I think that this was a good route to introduce people to the desert though and will use it again for training type days with Newbies.

The weather was perfect, we had an enforced stop due to Banna's stuck ( Still don,t know how you got there ?) then used the H3 to pull out 2 JEEPS & a LC :lol: :lol: that had tried to rescue Banna, but got stuck in the soft stuff, and finally got Banna out as well.

It was great to meet the new people, Andre, Fadi J. Watheq & Xav who I hadn,t met before and especially to welcome Nick,s parents to the beauty of the desert and baby camels.

We exited at Khatim North at 5pm, and 4 of us with evening arrangements left Megamoe to carry on for another hour or so with the rest who wanted more fun.

Thanks everyone, I enjoyed it. AND a BIGGGGGGG thanks to Megamoe for sweeping today and staying out with the rest. I look forward to reading his adventures. Mac
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

Sounds you guys really had fun :D
We did too. Just waiting for our report.

Lionbar

Post by Lionbar »

Mac and the gang, thanks for the great trip today, my cousin/co-driver (Saleh) really enjoyed his maiden trip with the group and will bring his own car next.
As Mac said, a very nice, relaxing route, tho I missed Banna's stuck (lost photo opportunity !!!!) and I didnt get stuck for once (maybe that new tyre guage is my lucky charm!!!).
Good to be out again, first time since May, will see you guys again soon.
Thanx again.
Lee.

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

Yeap,
Another great trip , Thanks Mac, the people really enjoyed it and it's surely not their last trip with AD4x4, Amazing group..

We took the rest of the people, for a bit higher grade trip, nice road, a bit tricky, thanks to Megamoe , I guess everybody enjoyed as well.. :wink:
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

Friz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Friz »

Thanks Mac, Megamoe, Banna and Miro - well marshalled (as usual) and well organised. I enjoyed the route and the advanced bit at the end. Some parts very tricky and I was going a little too slow for a sideways slide and down I went - can't wait to see the photos but the ol Cherokee was very very close to going over.

Had a blast and enjoyed the learning.

Great trip!

Bradley
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Bradley »

Looks like you guy's also had fun Mac.
Bradley
Liberty - ARB Lift kit, MT mags & 32" Tyres

Avan

Post by Avan »

Thanks Mac, Great afternoon interesting route. And a special thanks to "Dune" who introcuced me to the Club
Land Rover: if you cant fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

Big thanks to Mac ,without whom this trip was not possible.
Thans to Mega,Miro, Banna and the rest of the group for the nice time.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Great week end guys.
Hope to see you on the next one.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

xav

Post by xav »

Great afternoon, my brother and myself really enjoyed the trip !

Thanks Mac for your Energy and leading skill, it was great meeting new and interesting people !

Keep it up guys !

Xav
in the air, in the water or in the desert, u got to survive...