DC day 4 & 5 4speed & H3

All reports about trips and events
H3

DC day 4 & 5 4speed & H3

Post by H3 »

Managed to get Thursday off and headed off to Hmeem with MrsH3 and the dog, met up with Ali, Mansoor and Omar, thanks for the snacks guys. By the way what is the Arabic date sweet you offered round? loved it.
Also met a couple of mates of mine from Australia, and spent the afternoon watching the rally go by followed by a visit to the base camp at Tal Moreeb. Fantastic day! and finally back to Abu Dhabi.

Today, (Friday) was definately the best days offroading I have had for a long time, a spur of the moment trip. 4speed callled me up and was keen to go watch the DC come through Nahel/Sweihan so we met up at the usual ADNOC airport road and arrived at PC2 10:30am, and with advice from the PC Marshals headed out to the dunes and found a great spectator spot where the competitors where coming flat out down to a hairpin bend on the gatch road. We had a bit of a play in that area just because we could and the dunes were calling.

Watched all the remaining cars, bikes and the Kamaz trucks come through, the latter very impressive, more on that later. Plus a couple of roll overs :?

Once all the vehicles passed PC2 and the Marshals were signed off we picked up the tyre tracks and headed off to the finishing point near Bab Al Shams, pure pleasure, 60Km's in 1 1/2 hours. 2Km's into the dunes we met with a stuck Pathfinder and a Wrangler (spectators) with a tyre off the rim and a knackered spare. Recovered the Pathfinder and got the tyres back on the Wrangler, these guys need to get a compressor. Just goes to show, carry all the reccommended gear.

We proceeded following the remainder of the course with 4speed leading and his co-pilot kiwi1, me sweeping with my co-pilot MrsH3 plus Milo the dog until the end of SS6 with no stucks and big grins all round :D Fairly technical dunes and soft in places, those guys churned it up pretty well for us :roll:

Thanks a million to Alan and Christina for coming along and frankly making my day, fantastic driving 4speed, it was a true fun day out. Made a good H3 & Jeep team I reckon.

For all that were not there you missed a whole bunch of fun :P

Kris, thanks for the heads upon the spectator points, helped a lot.
HOAB Black Sheep Hummer Squadron Arabian Gulf Chapter

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Seems that you had fun guys ... I think next time, it should be more organized for us
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Am glad u had GR888 Buddy

Yes Iguana we need to Run the show next year All by AD4x4
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

4speed
Advanced
Advanced

dc.....first year out

Post by 4speed »

ALL I CAN SAY IS THANKS TO HUMMER 3......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There will allways be a war, but my brothers will stay internal