Fossil Rock Trip report We NEARLY made it!

All reports about trips and events
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fossil Rock Trip report We NEARLY made it!

Post by Mac »

Khalid has asked that i write this report as he has evening committments. But where to begin?

We met on time ( 10 cars ) and set off for Big Red area. En route on Sheikh Zayed Road between AD & Dubai, a crazy woman driver almost hit myself and Agama, high speed and weaving all over the road, she got ahead of us then CRASH she lost control smashed into Central Reservation and ended up in the slow lane. Agama & I stopped and found that she was seriously injured, blood everywhere. An ambulance/police were called. Gillian diagnosed broken legs and internal bleeding and her arms and hands were in a dreadful state. We used 12 bandages and pads to stem the bleeding. She was cut out by Police and off to hospital, then the Police wanted Agama and me to stay etc etc. We eventually gave them a verbal statement and met with Khalid and the rest of the group not far from Big Red.

Khalid picked a great route, beautiful scenery, then the stucks began. At a play area, MMBertels climbed a steep dune in his Disco, but not knowing what was on the other side ended up seriously stuck in a bowl, and his throttle cable had snapped as well!!! No power, it took Khalid & I together with 2 ropes to pull him out and over the steep dune to the bottom. By now it was nearly 3pm, so I attached my brand new 15000kg tow strap and towed him to Fili petrol station. On arrival he had driven over the rope and shredded it!!! 500dhs down. :cry:

As it was too late to continue, the other cars headed for AD whilst we stayed with Mike, and a local recovery vehicle took him back to AD. He has just rang me and is safely back home.

We saw Fossil Rock in the distance though :lol: :lol: and had enjoyed a nice drive up till then. THANKS to everyone for your patience today, events were out of our control, but the main thing is we are all safe.
Final moral to this story.... Always carry a comprehensive First Aid Kit, you never know when it is needed and JOIN IATC, we have a deal with them.

Check the pic gallery when it is done. Khalid was trying to sell his Marshal shirt at Fili................. Khalid you were great today, thanks for the organisation, we will go back again and get to Fossil Rock.

AGAMA & Gillian a HUGE thankyou for your help at the accident, you are stars. :lol: Mac
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

It seems u had Handful of excitements Mac, Hopefully next time U will finish as planned well done guys, as u said Mac be ready {FAK, Recovery gear...etc} u never know when u ll need it, it might worth a penny BUT when u need it it worth a million
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Wow,

you guys had real challenges today. Thanks god you are safe back at home.

The Fossil rock will be there also next time. :wink:
Image <br><br>Image<br>

Agama
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Agama »

Thanks GOD for our safety today was an extraordinary day.

Mac well done you was the real man today for taking fast action and rescuing that women otherwise she could bled to death, You & Gillian are the heroes.

Khalid it was very nice route and scenery I enjoyed it very much hope that you want give up marshalling? !!! :roll:

MMBertels man you sure now how to fly without wings !! 8O

Abdullrahman it was nice fun with your pajero.

For all the trip people It was pleasure to drive with you hope to meet you guys.

Jax

Post by Jax »

Chuck wrote:Wow,

you guys had real challenges today. Thanks god you are safe back at home.

The Fossil rock will be there also next time. :wink:

Seems like AD4x4 are the good Samaritans - with your help and assistance today and BullDozer's last week on the GPS Fun Day.

Going to double check my First Aid Kit to make sure I have the essentials.

(BTW - Iguana advised me when I got my First Aid Kit not to leave it in the car with the rest of my recovery gear - the heat from sitting out in this weather can be damaging to some of the medicines, lotions and tablets stored. Just a word of caution.)

Bradley
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Bradley »

Mey Mac. It sounds like you guy's had a tough time.
But still I would rather have been out there with you than at work .. :D
Bradley
Liberty - ARB Lift kit, MT mags & 32" Tyres

k_almagboul

Post by k_almagboul »

first of all thanks god for our safety today, and Mac & agama really we all proud for what you did, for me i have i took the decision of taking the group far from the accident so we will not be asked by the police & safety.
today i enjoyed my first marshaling trip and that all because of the good company joined us today, thanks Mac for the report hope to see you all next time in al khatam

and know its :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
Last edited by k_almagboul on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

coodeh

Post by coodeh »

Hi Khalid,

apart from the accident I have to say the trip was really a good one. Good driving for beginner, we had again the chance to learn. You did a good job as Marshall organizing the tour and leading the convoy…

Cheers,
Coodeh
--

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Thank GOD you are all fine. Welcome back home 8) 8)
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Tutan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tutan »

Apart from the accident on the way to the deflation point, which in my opinion might have been avoidable, it was a good trip.

I had the chance to test out my new flag pole (just need to sort out a flag). and recovery point on the back of my car (the old one was a bit rusty so was replaced) yep,i got stuck a slight misjudgement on the hardness of the sand on a ridge but was pulled out quickly by Mac.

Today i experienced more steep downwards dunes than i have on previous trips which i enjoyed and soon i hope I will be brave enough to try those steep updunes soon when we have a play stop, although i think a lesson should be learnt after MMBertals swift ascent in that before going up check out whats at the top !!!!

Going up and down is ok, but give me a side dune and I am out of there..............find me another route (something i need to work on i guess)

Thanks Khalid and Mac for a good trip today, i enjoyed this new route. dont pack in the marshalling as Iguana keeps saying marshalling is hard work and a big responsibility, and it was a good call on your part to move the convoy further up the road out of the way of the accident.
Previous 4x4's
3' lifted, offset wheeled, LWB Jeep Cherokee XJ (really miss this monster)
Nissan xterra (don't miss this one)

Pologuru

Post by Pologuru »

so pleased to hear all the team are safe and sound, we were there in spirit if not in body....
Looking forward to ride being fixed and ready for more challenges with you guys... PANTHER and POLO
<div>never say never</div>

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Glad to hear that you are back safe guys and girls ...

Mac, you should be called Ad4x4 Hero ... Your voice in the morning when you called me after the accident sounds really tired and shocked ... I am glad that you made it all safe and came back home ... sounds like an adventure trip

Al maqbould, it seems that your First Marshal trip was cursed :lol: :lol:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

RonH

Post by RonH »

It is good to know that there are still great people in this world, guys you have my respect.

coodeh

Post by coodeh »

...Khalid, btw - will you upload some of the pictures you made on sand to the gallery?

Thx,
Coodeh
--

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Khalid & Mac,

you had a challanging trip. Despite of the obstacles your trip-mates reporting fun!

Chapaut!!!!

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum