5th October Newbie Trip report Please Read

All reports about trips and events
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

5th October Newbie Trip report Please Read

Post by Mac »

Well, where do I begin?
31 cars turned out today!!!! Almost all of the Heirarchy too! IGUANA,(Chairman/Founder) MEGAMOE ( Director/Founder)
ADIGA ( Field Marshal/Safety Officer ). BULLDOZER ( Recovery Officer ) and us mere mortals Mac & Mpenzi ( Marshals )
This was a mixed bunch from brand new members to Advanced level people. We split into two trips, newbies and the more experienced. It was also a run for Wildfire to be graded for EXPLORER and HUMMERGIRL as part of the Lady Marshals programme. They took charge of the Newbies & both did extremely well, a great route by WILDFIRE and plenty of hard work in the recoveries by HUMMERGIRL.
The Intermediates & Advanced seemed to have a good trip as well.
At the end 11 cars stayed out for a great BBQ under the stars. A well organised spot, and well tidied up at the end. We left there at 7.45pm and headed out. Thanks to Mpenzi for sweeping, and Bradley for tidy up.
Now for the more serious issues as discussed by myself, Mpenzi, Bulldozer and Adiga and for which some of you were present.
We clearly stated on this trip post that everyone must be in possession of RATED tow ropes and Shackles, this did not happen. The cheap tow ropes and shackles are useless and dangerous. Please have the correct recovery gear for future trips. Towing points on cars, this is a MUST. If you do not have them do not come out until they are fitted.
Convoy driving.... Listen to the briefing, we clearly ask you to stay in a convoy, not drive parallel routes & also to keep good spacing between the cars to give people room to manoeuvre.
At Stucks..... PLEASE keep back and let the recovery Marshals do their work in safety. All Kids to be kept in cars as it can be dangerous, DO NOT leave your place in the convoy drive through, & then take photos. Leave your vehicle in the convoy and come on foot to a safe area to take pics. Always have seat belts fastened.
Some of you have asked that a full vehicle inspection and equipment check be made at the start of the trip. This will happen from now on. All of the equipment needed is fully explained on a link on the main website page.
We are all here to enjoy ourselves and it is great to see such an active club, but all of the above points are for yours and our safety. And BULLDOZERS blood pressure :lol: :lol:
Please do not be upset by these points, they were identified NOT only by the Marshals but by some of you as well who wanted the issues to be raised.
If we all get it right at the beginning of the season, we will never have to mention these points again :lol:
Thanks for a great day out though, hope you all enjoyed it and PLEASE come back out. Mac
Last edited by Mac on Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

:iagree: With Mac,

Dear new Members, Kindly note that those rules are made to protect you , your family members and the others. We want you to enjoy your selves and to return back safely.

It was a nice day out in Mussafah, Thanks to Iguana, Megamoe, Adiga,Bulldozer, Mpenzi and Mac for the support before and during the trip.

Hummer Girl, thanks for the recoveries :lol: (I hope that you liked it as well :twisted: )

I hope that every one liked the trip , learnt something new and is looking forwared for another trip 8)

See you all soon INSHA'ALLAH
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Explorer

Thanks to everybody

Post by Explorer »

Hello everybody!

Thanks for the great afternoon out. My family had lots of fun and my car survived :D .
Was great to meet you all and we are looking forward to the next trip.

A special thanks to MAC, :D :D :D who organized the fantastic trip.

See you next time.

Take care
Leann, Anja and Lars

Bradley
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Bradley »

Really a good trip. We had lots of fun.

Thanks to everyone for attending. Mac, some good points noted there!!!
Bradley
Liberty - ARB Lift kit, MT mags & 32" Tyres

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Thanks Mac for the report and instructions .. Hope to see things sorted out next time .. For all the members who doesn't know where to buy from or what to buy, please feel free to call me on 050 6224377 and I will go with you as I did with most if the Members or call any of the Marshalls

Guys, you forgot Jax the other lady Marshal under training who also did a good job sweeping and taking care of the convoy with Mpenzi ..

Wildfire and Hummergirl, thanks for the recovery and the leading .. You have done great today ...

Hummer girl, hope you enjoyed the recovery .. Sorry, i didn't help but I meant to leave you alone to see how you will act and actually you've done great.

Jax, good sweeping today .. I think you also improved and felt more relaxed with towing points in your car .. waiting to see your new invention for the car accessory :wink: :wink:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Guys it was my pleasure to meet u all in this trip, Thanx Mac for pointing All the safety issues Wild Fire Hummergirl well done keep up the good work I hope Both of learn something 2day, also I hope that all our valuable NewBies members by watching they learn also about Recovery Safety & sand driving tips which will improve with attending more trips, have good rest 2night & C U in 2morrow trip.

Note: PLZ always read the whole Post even if its TOOOOOO loooong u might find out important things there u dont want to miss it.
Last edited by Bulldozer on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Pologuru

Post by Pologuru »

Wildfire, thank you very much for an interesting and varied route today... I really gained a lot of confidence during my first FULL drive as a newbie... You did a great job 8) and I really felt confident by the end of the drive with your leadership

To Mac and Hummergirl - thanks for keeping it all together - your patience and professionalism is much appreciated and this makes the club just the BEST! Hummergirl, I PROMISE I did not close my eyes at any point when I was behind the wheel!

To Jax - you did good - we was at the front, and you was at the back... but I could feel the confidence coming from your Jeeeeeeeep whilst you were sweeping !!!

Thank you to Bulldozer for really being straightforward about the safety issues here... and for taking the time to talk to us all about safety issues at the white rocks rest point... to remind us that to have fun we have to put safety FIRST.

Re the actual driving experience, I learnt a lot, most of all that vehicles that do not stay in convoy when there is a 'stuck' , or just to 'overtake' for the fun of it make it harder to keep safe distances and therefore less safe drive, especially important for those who are newbies and really want to 'do it right' ... I also learnt the value of leaving enough space between vehicles, the 2 times I got too close I got STUCK!!! So thank you for this valuable lesson learnt

You guys are all great, and the bbq at the end was just the perfect end to a perfect afternoon. BIG THANKS :D
<div>never say never</div>

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Sorry I missed you out Jax, you did a great job today, memory loss due to tiredness! :lol:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

k_almagboul

Post by k_almagboul »

Thanks Mac for organizing the trip and for those valid points
As usual grate day with Grate Company and good to know new people joining our family

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

For a while I thought we where not going to get any Stucks....sorry Parking :D But It happened and that where the fun began.

Wildfire Excellent job man.

Hummergirl Well done you where very visible and I did not notice any of :veryhot:

Jax, you rock girl...... but we did not have a change to try your towwing gear... Next time

Mac...Great organisation man, cool

For the rest ...Goooooood drive,Enjoy your company and see you all on the next trip.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

HummerGirl
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by HummerGirl »

Thanks guys for a wonderful trip. I hope I showed some knowledge in my recoveries :-) I am looking forward to my next trip out again.

Tutan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tutan »

Thanks for a great trip, i enjoyed myself and soon got back into the swing of things having been out of the sand for a few weeks due to vacation.

Looking forward to the next trip