Advanced Khatim-Sweihan Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
ritter

Advanced Khatim-Sweihan Trip Report

Post by ritter »

The trip was posted as Sweihan to Khatim, then changed to Khatim to Sweihan, and in the end we actually did Khazna to Sweihan. :lol: We lost many of the guys who signed up to other commitments, so we ended up being a convoy of 4: me, Abed, Guevara, and Zeer.

We met at our deflation point at coordinates in Khazna around 13:30. Then we set out south of the Sweihan wall at a gradual pace. We played on the dunes with some nice side sloping and big side crests, and negotiated some technical areas. The fun of the day was moving smoothly with the dunes though we were moving against them. Also, we had to take care when navigating the minefield of bushes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: in some areas.

We had some options for checking off things in our log books :D : a few snatch recoveries, 1 winch recovery, and 2 pop outs. None were tricky or difficult so we weren't delayed much 8-) . We reached the road in Sweihan and headed to a gate to exit to the other side. While getting to the gate we had our only casualty of the day to a bumper, but this was just a small stop. Then we crossed over to the other side and, because it had gotten dark, we aimed directly for the BBQ point. Guevara had to head back to Abu Dhabi, but the rest of us went to BBQ. When we reached the BBQ point all of the ANITs and other groups were leaving, so we enjoyed a small fire, food, and sheesha with just a few who remained.

Thanks Abed, Guevara, and Zeer for joining. This is the best kind of day, one for enjoying the driving as well as enjoying the good company, nice weather, and beautiful scenery. I hope everyone enjoyed the track as safe and fun. Looking forward to the next one! :D
>> Audrey RITTER >> JK 2oo9 >> PHONE: 056.714.0637

Guevara
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Advanced Khatim-Sweihan Trip Report

Post by Guevara »

Audrey

very nice track and the dunes in the middle of the track were amazing. Big size and sharp edges. I enjoyed the drive and the quick recoveries during our stucks

Hope that you enjoyed the barbecue

G
Mobile 056 1205601
X Terra Off Road 2009 - PRG 2.5" Lift Kit - AOR LED lights

zeer

Post by zeer »

well done Ritter, this was great trip, not boring and play in safe way, nice new area for me, actually i didn't expect there are such a nice dunes there, great team work clearing the stucks, lovely company guys thanks to all.
the part of night drive was nice too, good that we could see some people in the BBQ spot before they leave, i enjoy the chit chat and shisha with you guys, see you all next week. :)

Guevara i like your idea about valentine trip in LIWA with camping, yalla announce it and we are with you.
do you think air compressor will work as valentine gift :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eyad Harb - 0501234066
One for All & All for One
"BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN"
DesNav2011 / DesNav2012 / DesNav2013 / JeeP Jamboree 2013 / Desert Clean / EDC trainer / Sanid Leader
2010-2012 Trips (counter)/(lead): Newbie(27)(02) Intermediate(60)(10) Advance(19)(02) Expert(02)(01) TOTAL (108)/(15)
----2013--- Trips (counter)/(lead): Newbie(12)(04) Intermediate(17)(05) Advance(21)(03) Expert(04)(00) TOTAL (55)/(12)

Abed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abed »

Nice first lead Ritter, I enjoyed Alkhazna dunes so much, such a nice trip, great company, lovely campfire, food, chit chat and a memorable week end. Except for my rear bumper which I may have to ask mood to fix it back for me.
Till the next trip, play safe.

Sent from my Note 2 using tapatalk 2
Mustafa Abed
Nissan Xterra
00971-55-8003609
Trip counter: 197

ritter

Post by ritter »

Yes yes yes Guevara!! Liwa Valentine's trip... I'll bring everyone chocolates if you post the trip! :D

ritter

Post by ritter »

Abed, if a Liwa trip happens then I hope you will try to reschedule your plans with your friends so that you'll come to Liwa! ;)

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

ritter wrote:Yes yes yes Guevara!! Liwa Valentine's trip... I'll bring everyone chocolates if you post the trip! :D
Sounds intersting :lol:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

Abed
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Re: Advanced Khatim-Sweihan Trip Report

Post by Abed »

ritter wrote:Abed, if a Liwa trip happens then I hope you will try to reschedule your plans with your friends so that you'll come to Liwa! ;)
I would love to go to Liwa, I will confirm soon.

Sent from my Note 2 using tapatalk 2
Mustafa Abed
Nissan Xterra
00971-55-8003609
Trip counter: 197

ritter

Re: Re: Advanced Khatim-Sweihan Trip Report

Post by ritter »

Abed wrote:
ritter wrote:Abed, if a Liwa trip happens then I hope you will try to reschedule your plans with your friends so that you'll come to Liwa! ;)
I would love to go to Liwa, I will confirm soon.

Looks like Liwa is getting shelved for next weekend... would love to see you in another trip, but if not then have fun with your plans.