Sweihan Newbie trip 1. Feb.

All reports about trips and events
Smiley
Marshal
Marshal

Sweihan Newbie trip 1. Feb.

Post by Smiley »

We met at the airport ADNOC at 11am and everybody was on time ( including me! :lol: )
Due to the wind, we had a short briefing inside the station. We moved in convoy to the deflation point near the wall.
After showing equipment and explaining safety rules we started our trip in north-east direction in moderate dunes until everybody felt comfortable.
We tried different kinds of cresting and side sloping in moderate ways. We also did some stuck training, crest- flat- and side stucks ( thanks, Therry aka khaluf for volunteering for that!)
We climbed on one of the high dunes for a brake. Thanks god, the wind decreased a little, so we had a nice chat on top, where we could watch all the other trips moving in the area.
We continued towards the "big red", trying a deep descent as well. There were too many cars moving on the big dune, so we decided to head back to the catch road and our new BBQ spot were we met with the other trips.

Thanks everybody for joining my trip. All of you did really well, mabrook! :D I specially liked the good trip discipline!

Special thanks to Therry (khaluf) for your second lead and Agne for sweeping ( you did some very nice explanations), who was helped by Burkhard, who joined in the last minute.

I hope everybody had fun.
If there is anything I forgot to mention, please feel free to add to the report.

....and see you in the sand soon! :D
Brave Mädchen kommen in den Himmel, die anderen kommen überall hin...
(Good Girls go to heaven, the other ones go everywhere...)

DESNAV-Founder

first female Marshal

SR42
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Sweihan Newbie trip 1. Feb.

Post by SR42 »

Thanks for the nice trip - I enjoyed, especially my 'nearly pop out' ;)

Cheers - CU
Reto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 - The Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

BlackBird
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by BlackBird »

Hi Smiley, thanks for a fun trip, and persuading the worst of the wind to blow away. Cheers, NigelB
having a motor-less moment, it's not good
M: +966 50 566 1003

khaluf
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by khaluf »

Smiley

thanks for the nice tracks and showing another bueatifull corner of sheihan; your "big sister" careing and coaching application is just wonderfull; had some nice conversation with the German corner;
and at the end the booklet signature fun starts to unfold.... fellowmen: keep your pencils sharp and handy!

regards

Khaluf (thierry)

Agne
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Agne »

Thank you for the nice trip Smiley. Very nice track with increasing level, good lessons and advice to everyone on more tricky driving situations and stucks. All drivers did really well! Keep it up ;)

See you all on sand soon

hyder

Post by hyder »

Thanks Smiley, it was a great trip! A nice fun for us newbies and Big Red was an interesting sight.

It was really cool to meet a whole group of new people - hope to see you on the sand again soon!

hyder

Anke
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Anke »

Thanks Smiley for being on time :o (how did you cope without breakfast??...just kidding)
I really enjoyed your leading and thanks for taking me safe through my first trip!
Great to swap some Xterra notes (not that I have too many yet), thanks for your tips, Reto. Hope your is opening again.
See you soon
Anke

Charan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Charan »

Thanyou Smily, it was a great trip. Looking forward to you leading another trip for newbees in future.